Menu
Sintellins
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

LG G4 HARDWARE FAULT

LG have officially admitted that there is a hardware issue with the LG G4 that causes it to go into 'Bootloop' mode. This is where the phone constantly restarts itself but never getting past the LG start screen or freezes on the LG logo. LG have stated they will repair any phone still under warranty (can only imagine how long it will take to get the phone returned) but not sure what Virgin Media's policy is.

I really like the phone, however, I only got it in July I'm on my 2nd handset and 3rd battery. Now this! I have lost all photographs, contacts and confidence in the LG G4. If you have a LG G4, backup all your data and expect it to brick sometime soon. 

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/lg-finally-acknowledges-g4-boot...

Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: LG G4 HARDWARE FAULT

Thanks for this.

plus warning to other users, I sent my phone back to virgin and they claimed due to damage (which is clearly cosmetic) the phone was not in warranty and wanted to charge £170 to fix it.

I contacted LG who sent a courier to collect my phone and they fixed this problem without charging me a penny.

Appalling money grabbing service from virgin, I will recommend that people think very carefully about getting a phone from virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radiator,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've had some issues with your phone. I'm glad to hear that this is all sorted for you now.

With repairs, our repair center will charge fees for any physical damage I'm afraid.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat, I'm sure you've been on the internet long enough not to take the following moan personally, but at the bottom I do mention a new problem that I have had since the fix.

Well that just confirms what I thought, that your repair centre staff are told to say any physical damage invalidates the warranty........ really can't agree with that as a company policy, so would not recommend virgin mobile on that basis.

I would post a picture to show just how insignificant the cosmetic marks on the plastic case are, but they don't show at all on photos. Also interesting that LG didn't feel they invalidated the warranty and fixed it for free.

I am pretty sure in my case (and probably others) virgin would be in breach of the sales of good act.

Although the boot loop problem has been fixed by LG, I do have another problem where the virgin sim no longer picks up a signal in the G4, but works ok on an iphone4. thought it could be a sim reader error of the G4, but an old o2 pay as you go sim works in the G4, which suggests it might be something else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radiator, 

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I just want to be clear, a scratch or a small scrape wouldn't invalidate the warranty.

A cracked screen, or damaged components would be considered the type of damage that would void this.

If there was no serious signs of damage, I'm really not sure why would've refused to repair this. I wish I could've seen a photo of this to assess it myself.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos