Menu
RoyWhite2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

LE4 3AY Pitiful mobile signal

Virgin signal has been 5 bars for years. Now dropped to 2 with long periods of zero. Been like that on and off most of this month. I am line of sight to an EE (ex T-Mobile) mast at Birstall Golf Club . Anyone else affected ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: LE4 3AY Pitiful mobile signal

Hi RoyWhite2000,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some problems with the signal in your area. I want to get this all sorted for you. I've run some checks and I can see there's been  a fault on a local mast in the area. Can you let me know what phone you're using so I can provide some tips?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RoyWhite2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Signal came back on tues afternoon. I eventually worked out for myself, using the Ofcom and EE service sites that it was the mast on Birstall Golf club. I can see this mast from my front window. It is disguised as a rather dodgy-looking tree for some reason.

It would have been better if the support person I spoke to at least two weeks ago had bothered to look at the same (public) info as I found.

I have spoken to an accounts person and they have agreed to transfer the wasted bundle I paid for to next month. They have put a note on my account and I have to ring again on 1 Dec. More hassle.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me RoyWhite2008 Smiley Happy

I'm glad you got to the bottom of the fault. It's great that everything is now back up and running.

I know it can be frustrating having to call up regarding repeat issues but I promise we'll make it completely painless Smiley Happy Let me know how it all goes.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos