Menu
hourahine
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keeping old number

I have just moved from PAYG to a monthly contract.  I want to keep my old number, but Virgin have told me it isn't possible unless I buy a SIM from another provider, request a PAC from Virgin, transfer my number to the new SIM, then request a PAC from the new provider and finally transfer back to Virgin.  What the heck....!

Changing numbers means lots of hassle contacting dentists, Drs, work, friends etc and I just want to keep my old number.  In this day and age surely that isn't too difficult.  Virgin have shunted me from pillar to post and I'm really fed up.  Can anyone suggest a sensible solution?  Virgin have NOT been helpful.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping old number

Hi hourahine,

it would have been easy at the time of taking out the contract to just "upgrade" your PAYG SIM to pay monthly.

Now, as you've been informed the only way is to request a PAC for your PAYG number.

Port it out to another network.
If you have to buy a SIM, I would suggest maybe this EE SIM with £5 credit delivered for 99p.

From Amazon HERE or eBay HERE (you don't want to buy a SIM then find you've got to buy a top-up to activate it).

Request a PAC from your new provider then port it back to Virgin on your new pay monthly SIM card.

Bit of a performance I know but the only way & Virgin are not alone in not allowing you to port your number within the network.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
hourahine
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks AlexKid.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hourahine wrote:

Many thanks AlexKid.

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Other networks seem to manage fine. Did it with O2 

They just asked for the long number of the donor SIM and the long number of the new SIM. Took an amazing 15 minutes

0 Kudos