Menu
loopy2010
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Keep my number

I got a new contract phone today but I had a pay as you go with virgin how do I keep my old number
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keep my number

Hi loopy2010,

when applying for your contract phone / SIM you should have made it clear that you wished to "upgrade" from pay as you go.

That way your PAYG Virgin Mobile number along with any credit would have been automatically transferred onto your new pay monthly SIM.

Now things are going to be more complicated.

With Virgin Mobile it is not possible to "move" your number within the network.

Therefore the only way to transfer your old PAYG Virgin number to your new pay monthly SIM will be to call 789 on your old SIM & request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for the number.

Port the PAYG number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Once established, request a PAC from the new provider and port the number back to Virgin onto your new pay monthly SIM.

Bit of a palava, I know Smiley Frustrated

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi loopy2010,

when applying for your contract phone / SIM you should have made it clear that you wished to "upgrade" from pay as you go.

That way your PAYG Virgin Mobile number along with any credit would have been automatically transferred onto your new pay monthly SIM.

Now things are going to be more complicated.

With Virgin Mobile it is not possible to "move" your number within the network.

Therefore the only way to transfer your old PAYG Virgin number to your new pay monthly SIM will be to call 789 on your old SIM & request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) for the number.

Port the PAYG number out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Once established, request a PAC from the new provider and port the number back to Virgin onto your new pay monthly SIM.

Bit of a palava, I know Smiley Frustrated

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi loopy2010

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue keeping your number when you took out a new Pay Monthly package with us.

As AlexKid advised, it's necessary to advise of this when processing the deal so we can make sure the old number is upgraded with the deal.

Did you manage to take a look at their suggestion?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos