Menu
SchwarCT
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keep losing mobile connectivity

As a recent VMob customer, I have intermittently experienced coverage loss where I  get emergency calls only or no network or invalid valid simcard while I am at home. It is fixed by turning phone on and off or on one occassion having to remove and then reinsert sim card. Today it has happened 4 times. Never experienced this with my previous provider o2 and wondering whether this is a common problem with Virgin Mobile which I should keep in mind and look to transfer to another network at first available opportunity.

It is frustrating not having a live chat facility to sort this out (unlike Virgin Media broadband and TV which is very useful as a first port of call).

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keep losing mobile connectivity

Hi SchwarCT,

Virgin Mobile does have a chat facility: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(Keep the page open and just refresh it every few minutes).

It may be that the EE signal in your location isn't as good as O2's or it may be due to a temporary service issue.

You can check yourself if there are any known issues by entering your postcode into the EE service checker

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi SchwarCT,

Virgin Mobile does have a chat facility: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(Keep the page open and just refresh it every few minutes).

It may be that the EE signal in your location isn't as good as O2's or it may be due to a temporary service issue.

You can check yourself if there are any known issues by entering your postcode into the EE service checker

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

SchwarCT
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid for a helpful reply. I shall use your link for Vmob chat online as I couldn't locate it on the VM website and also check the EE signal strength in the manner suggested by you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SchwarCT,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you've been having poor signal issues.

There isn't much more to add to AlexKid's advice, except that you can access our online chat the same way you do for your Virgin Media services--just chose Mobile for the Topic options.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos