Menu
CrystalMoonCat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kazam Low storage

I keep getting warnings on my new Kazam Tornado 348 that storage is running low. I have no other apps than the ones forced on me by Google, not even any emails now or images on the phone - just the list of my contacts imported. I've hardly made any calls and have sent 1 text!! I've done a factory reset twice but the messages still keep coming.

I am getting fed up with this phone, any ideas anyone?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kazam Low storage

Can you screencap the storage info page and share it here?

This page had handy advice about managing android disk usage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/315804-guide-android-memory-how-deal-l...

One to the point part of the post is: "Notice that my Application Storage is 3 GB. Also notice that the total Internal Storage available to me is actually only 8 GB, even though the phone was advertised as having 16 GB of memory. This is because you have to subtract the 3 GB allocated for App Storage, about 3-4 GB for the OS, and another 1-2 GB for bloatware, leaving 8 GB."

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
CrystalMoonCat
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. These are the 2 screenshots I've just taken.

!Screenshot_2016-08-27-14-49-18.pngScreenshot_2016-08-27-14-49-30.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have one of those phones which doesn't keep everything under a unified partition. So, it has multiple partitions and the partition where apps are installed is likely being maxed out by all the cache and preference data they are accumulating, plus their own required operational files.

On older android phones it may be the case you can't clear an apps (without installing a cache cleaner app to do it), but check if you can do the steps on this page for each of the apps installed: https://www.androidpit.com/clear-app-cache-vs-clear-app-data-difference

And something else worth trying (taken from the first link above and slightly edited by me): "To move an app to Internal Storage (app partition), go to Settings/Apps, select the app, and tap "Move to Internal Storage (main phone memory partition)"

Edit: Slightly tweaked.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
CrystalMoonCat
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had a bit of a work around and disabled as much of Google Apps as I could. Had to do it twice but haven't been getting the low storage message for a couple of days now. Apart from adding WhatsApp I am letting sleeping dogs lie and not fiddling around with it any more, so this may or may not be the last post I make on the subject!! But thanks for all your help and looking things up for me, much appreciated xx

0 Kudos
CrystalMoonCat
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

.......and we're back in the room! Got a notification to say a text could not be sent to me as message box was full, please empty message box. So I went to the message box and deleted all 4 of them!

I am close to throwing this useless piece of rubbish against the wall - what's the point of unlimited texts if you can have only 4 at a time!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CrystalMoonCat,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having storage problems with your Kazam Tornado 348. 

Checking into this, I can see that you called in and spoke with one of our mobile techs. Did this help?

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos