Menu
TinkerGT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Kazam 348 download/update problem

For the last month my phone will not update existing apps or download and install new ones.

Virgin Media tech support advised me that Kazam were aware of a problem with Google Play and were working on a fix. That was over 3 weeks ago but problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or indeed got a solution to same?

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kazam 348 download/update problem

Hi TinkerGT,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I've not been made aware of this issue I'm afraid. Is this on Mobile Data and Wi-Fi?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,
Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SallyPW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat and TinkerGT

I have had the same problem with my 348 since the beginning of April. Tried everything including factory reset (as suggested by Kazam support) without success. An internet search indicates that some other users of the phone are seeing similar issues. (Also users of Gionee phones ...).

For me the issue is present when using mobile and also on our home wifi (SuperHub 2ac). Weirdly, though, when I use the phone in the office at work (a VirginMedia Business connection)  everything works perfectly! 

Sally

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi TinkerGT,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I've not been made aware of this issue I'm afraid. Is this on Mobile Data and Wi-Fi?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,
Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
TinkerGT
Tuning in
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat and Sally,

I have found a solution to the problem on a website called android.stackexchange.com. The problem is not unique to the Kazam 348 and a solution for another phone seems to have worked for mine. Sally you should try this on your phone, go to settings then apps and then all apps. Scroll down and select Google Play. In Google Play tap the clear data and clear cache buttons. Do the same in Download Manager app and the updates that were previously stalled start to flow. Hope it works for you and thanks to both you and Mat for taking time to reply to my post.

George

0 Kudos
SallyPW
Tuning in
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the suggestion, George. I'm glad to hear that you have found something that works for you!

Sadly, no joy with my Tornado 348, though Smiley Sad  All Play Store downloads/updates still go straight into 'paused' status when using my home WiFi or mobile data ..... but everything works fine when I access Play Store via the WiFi at work. All my family's other Android devices are experiencing no problems at all with Play Store (and neither did my Tornado 348 before April). It's all a bit of a mystery.

Like you, I had been wondering how many other Virgin Media / Kazam users were affected - so thank you for asking the question.

Sally

aardvark7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I've just got one and have exactly the same issue: I can't download apps.

I'm not sure if the symptoms are identical, as mine just sits there reporting that it is downloading, but there's no data transferring.

I need a solution or Virgin can have it back!!

0 Kudos
TinkerGT
Tuning in
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I thought that I had a solution to the problem (see message 5) but I now find myself in the same situation as Sally, in that my phone will not download on my home wifi or mobile data.It works fine on other wifi networks. My home broadband is Virgin Media and it has been suggested to me that the problem is with my broadband and not the phone but as all my other devices are working on it I am reluctant to do anything to my home broadband. As Sally says it is all a bit of a mystery but hopefully some Virgin Media boffin will come up with something.

0 Kudos
aardvark7
Tuning in
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up. I have a horrible feeling this will be one of those problems where all the parties will point to the others.

Kazam will say it's down to Google, Google will point back at Kazam, they'll both point at Virgin, who will deny everything and blame the others...

They have until the weekend, or the phone is going back.
0 Kudos
aardvark7
Tuning in
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I've just been on the phone to Virgin and their dreadful support staff have implied that the position is this:

All Kazam Tornado 348 phones suffer from this problem, so there is no point in swapping phones, and they have known about it for some time.

Kazam are apparently working on a fix, but there is no date as to when this might be.

Consequently, I believe that this phone should be removed IMMEDIATELY from sale by Virgin, until such a time as a fix is in place. Otherwise they are selling it under false pretences!