Menu
rheon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just joined, mobile data slow

Hello! I have just signed up for a Virgin SIM. I thought it was a great deal (250 minutes, unlimited texts, 500mb data for a fiver! Get in!) Also, Virgin share the EE network, which is meant to have really good coverage.

However, my data speed is very slow (E) in Bangor, Gwynedd and the surrounding area. This is disappointing. I am able to get H+ speed on my other phone (which is on O2.)

Is this temporary or will I be stuck with this slow data speed?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just joined, mobile data slow

Check on the EE website for the service level and possible issues, your general info means I can't look for you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rheon and good morning Smiley Happy

Welcome into the Community and thank you for coming in. I would really like to help and if you can please have a look at a coverage checker here and also a service status page to see if there are any issues for the area?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
rheon
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi! 

Well, I've had a look at EE's coverage and it says I am covered for internet, calls and texts (at least outdoors) in the Bangor area and indoors in the Chester area. I only get up to G speed, though. Does Virgin usually get the same speeds as EE?

Also, the deal is even better than I thought: It's *500* minutes, unltd txts and 500 meg for a fiver!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rheon,

Cheers for coming in and posting your me. when you're outside of the house are you seeing this issue? I would meniton that calling into 789/ 0345 6000 789 would be a good suggestion to see if theres anything we can pick up.

Stay in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
rheon
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks. I will try ringing that number. The speed is just as slow in town as it is in the village nearby.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There was a newspaper article recently about a woman who chained herself outside the EE store in Bangor because of poor signal etc

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You should get the same data speed as on EE but you may not Virgin have a longstanding QOS issue ( quality of service) where you only get a 3G date speed not 3G+ or hspa as it's known as. Despite this the coverage for you at home is poor indoors at best.

0 Kudos