Menu
kindo128
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just how can i make a Complaint ?

So very angry, as I was offered an upgrade on the virgin home page, it failed ! so I tried again, then phoned virgin and a lady tried to do it for me. she then said I could "upgrade tomorrow !" that was Monday this week.

on Tuesday I tried again and was declined " due to either a poor credit " other items or repeated attempts to get credit, this was assessed by a credit agency ! having phoned today again I was told I could try again in 30 days !!! and they had no idea if my credit rating was black marked ? what the hell kind of company is this ???

I'm 60 years old, never had credit issues and been with virgin for many, many years. I have the full package of tv and top of the range broad band, I have upgraded 4 times already in my memory.

great customer service !! but I cant find a way of speaking to anyone in the uk that is remotely like a customer service agent !!

I feel very aggrieved, and angry. I need to vent it at the right people, but all I get is the run around. any advice would be welcome, as my solution is to move the whole thing over to sky and get a phone from Tesco's

many thanks Graham

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just how can i make a Complaint ?

Suggest you search this site for 'credit refusal' and you will find literally hundreds of people in the same situation.

Perfect credit ratings, yet 'refused' credit due to some 'internal system' that decides by blind choice..

I was refused, yet have a perfect score with Experian, AND they claimed that NO search had been made on my account...(VM insist they DO check with credit agencies, but this is NOT true).

The simple answer, take your business elsewhere..do NOT listen to the staff on here who will tell you 'they are sorry that this has happened and to write to their underwriters'   as you will be forced to wait for many weeks, only to be told that you STILL failed.. Don't waste time and energy jumping through their hoops, only to still fail.

Move on, go elsewhere...I did, and walked out of an EE shop with a new phone on contract, in less than 20 mins, credit checked over phone, and all good...  Less time, less hassle, less stress and aggravation.....

Shame, but there it is... 

0 Kudos
orfc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's like they're trying to deliberately run down the business. Seriously.

PAYG customers can't get new phones, they're all out of stock

Contract customers, many with mortgages and other loans worth more than a phone contract, are told they've failed ghostly credit checks

Others are complaining of massive price ramps to existing plans

On top of that their customer service arm have pretty much gone to ground

I'm not expecting this to end well

Anne01
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am having very similar problems and completely empathise. I too feel Virgin is being mismanaged. Loyal long standing customers were once valued. I put up a post yesterday 'mobile upgrade headache' please check it out as the response I got advised me to search the topic underwriters. On one post I found a web address that proved successful for a previous customer who had a decision re credit rating overturned. The email address is on the update to my post. Hope this helps, let's hope we both get some sensible answers.

0 Kudos
kindo128
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, I will try this

0 Kudos