Menu
Em1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ive started getting nonstop account action required messages

Today my phone has started showing nonstop messages account action required, telling me that I need to download google apps device policy app. In the end although I'm not a business user I downloaded it, but then couldn't register anyway with constant error messages. This has been asked before but the only advice was factory reset which is hardly a solution. Any better ideas come along since then please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ive started getting nonstop account action required messages

Hi BarneyGoogle.

If you click on REPLY (not quick reply )

then you can click on  the camera (photos) and upload away Smiley Happy

The only time I have personally experienced the "ATTENTION REQUIRED" from Google was when I changed my password. When the app tries to check for new emails it would encounter the error of no access due the password being changed

I would personally go on to Google, reset the password AND enable 2 step authenticity and then sign back in wit the Google account

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Em1,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're getting this error message on the phone. I want to get this sorted for you.

With regards to getting the error message to disappear, a factory reset may be the only resolution to removing it. Can you let me know what phone you're using? 

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Em1,

Are you still having issues with the nonstop messages?

Please let me know if you need any further advice.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Em1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have a moto g. I'm now also getting equally constant messages about needing to sign in to Motorola id. This takes me to the device manager.
Factory reset - having to start all over again, oh no!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Em1 Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear of the issues continuing on the Moto G.

Can you let me know if the problems persisted after the Factory Reset?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

HI Em1,

Are you still getting the issues with the phone?

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Barneygoogle
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having the same problem. It is not a major issue, in that I just see the message in my "notifications".

I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, running KitKat. I have a virgin.net email address. The notification says "account action required", but when I click it, it says, "couldn't sign in - you typed an incorrect password . . . try again/cancel - but if I fill in my virgin password it says you must sign in on the web, but the web page doesn't open.

My virgin.net address has (a few weeks ago) successfully been transferred from Google to Virgin and I can now see my contacts (which were inaccessible for a long time under Google). My email works well on my tablet and laptop.

Hopefully this is all part of the transfer back to Virgin and will get sorted, eventually.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barneygoogle,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post this. Sorry to hear you're also getting these messages.

I've not come across this issue before but if this message is appearing in the notification window then I'm assuming this has nothing to do with Virgin.

I'm guessing it is Google wanting you to sign in with them because it is an Android device. I could be wrong here but it seems strange to put in your Virgin Media password. I don't see this relating to your emails.

If you're able to provide me with a more detailed description I'd be happy to help further. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Barneygoogle
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich_B, Thank you for your response. I agree that the alert is more likely to be from Google than Virgin. I guess Google are trying to log me in to my Virgin account, yet Google are now divorced from it. Yes, my Galaxy is an Android device and is already logged in to my Virgin account (and, indeed to my four Google accounts). All of these accounts are working well and I have no issues with them at all. My only concern was to see the notification, on my tablet. It concerned me, primarily, because I thought someone could be attempting to hack into my account; as I knew it wasn’t me. Now that it seems it’s just a glitch, I am less concerned. If I click on the notification, I am offered a screen that says “Next”. However, whatever I try, I cannot log in. The options only take me to help pages, that don’t help. I have tried using my Google password and my Virgin password, but to no avail. Thank you again for your interest. I am happy to try any suggestions, but please do not concern yourself with my issue, as I feel it will, eventually, go away. I do have screenshots to show all of the above, but I don’t know how I could send these, or a PDF, via this forum. Best regards, Barneygoogle
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BarneyGoogle.

If you click on REPLY (not quick reply )

then you can click on  the camera (photos) and upload away Smiley Happy

The only time I have personally experienced the "ATTENTION REQUIRED" from Google was when I changed my password. When the app tries to check for new emails it would encounter the error of no access due the password being changed

I would personally go on to Google, reset the password AND enable 2 step authenticity and then sign back in wit the Google account

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own