Menu
Nixytinks
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Issues with yodel and customer service?

wondering if anyone else is having issues with yodel.

decided to upgrade my phone on Monday this week, told new handset would arrive on tues (it's now Thursday) and still no phone! 

Have rung virgin everyday this week and no joy. Ring today to find yodel are claiming to have delivered the phone yesterday even though I have been in all day every day since Monday! Virgin now won't do anything until they hear back from yodel. 

Customer services this morning was horrific from Virgin, the assistant implied I was lying and had received my phone..... When clearly I haven't. I have been a customer for 2 years alongside my partner, we also have tv/broadband/landline with them, we have spent thousands with this company. 

I have been told I now have to wait 7 working days until Virgin will start to do anything about this, the assistant told me they have blacklisted the phone ( pleased that no one can use what should have been my shiny new phone) but disappointed that have not even tried to replace yet.

We are now looking into changing all packages and cancelling any links to Virgin from this mornings phone call. 

Just realised now now that the lady who did my upgrade gave me the wrong price for the phone!!!!! Argh!!!!!! 

does anyone know if this is their normal process? Also wondering just how many people have had issues with new phones being delivered via yodel? 

Sorry for the rant...very frustrated!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with yodel and customer service?

Nixytinks wrote:

wondering if anyone else is having issues with yodel.

A quick Google search will give you the answer to that question. Undoubtedly the worst carrier in the UK.

Over the past year they have lost 3 out of 5 parcels to be delivered to my address.

Virgin customer services only add to your woes

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yodel.....don't start me off about them...biggest bunch of crooks going....

Mind you...Virgin and Yodel are made for one another......

Much of a sameness, useless, and always manage to mess it up...

I have had Yodel say they have delivered and even got a signature, when they didn't even stop outside my house...CCTV proved THAT...

Supposedly 'left parcel in porch'  OK, fine...but we don't HAVE A PORCH.... again, CCTV proved that...

Along with VM and there 'customer service' these two deserve each other!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with yodel?

Hi Nixytinks,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'd like to apologise for the problems you've experienced with trying to upgrade your phone. This isn't something I like to hear and is obviously frustrating for you.

It's been a week since you upgraded, what is the latest with this?

Have you been back in contact with us since posting?

I'd be very keen to hear the updates so please keep me posted.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yodel are the worst courier known to man even hermes provides a better service and they are not that great, Problem is costs and Yodel are cheap so it makes sense for VM to go with that not thinking about the customer not even thinking about the security aspect which is indeed shocking more so when handling PM handsets, I have had loads of issues with Yodel and do my best to make sure if I buy online that they are not delivering my parcel, This is why I will not get a PM phone from Virgin Media until they go with DPD or Royal Mail 

0 Kudos
Nixytinks
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well my replacement upgrade finally turned up last night (1 week and 4 days after the request). Yodel still managed to mess it up though as it should have been here Wednesday. I didn't get anywhere with virgin until I requested to be put through to cancellation team and then all of a sudden it was sorted. Yodel need to be removed as a delivery company as they lied and claimed originally they had delivered on the wed and then they said they had delivered the same parcel again on the Saturday. ..... horrific!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nixytinks,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

I'm really pleased to hear you've finally got your hands on your new handset.

I'm hoping you'll get no further issues in the future.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Andrewdavidl
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've just been reading your post re Yodel. I'm going through the same situation phone was due yesterday but they tried to deliver it today! I think I've got a fight on my hands
0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Makes for scary reading for someone 2 weeks away from upgrade time.  Sounds like buying a phone from Virgin might be quite what it was even 2 years ago.  Insistence on only delivering to your home address, using shonky couriers etc.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos