Menu
Russell_S
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Issues After Number Porting

Hi, This week I have signed up for Virgin Mobile on a SIM only 30 day rolling contract for both my wife and my phones. I obtained the PAC codes from our previous supplier (ASDA Mobile) which were provided to Virgin on Thursday. On Friday morning it appeared that the porting had taken place as the old ASDA Sims had no signal and the Virgin Sims did. Calls can be made from both Virgin Sims without issue.

However, Neither one will receive incoming calls and neither will send or receive texts. I have read previous posts on here where people have had the same issue after porting a number across and it always seems to be a run around trying to get it sorted.

I have contacted the customer services team and reported this and they have passed it over to the technical team. What concerns me is the time it seems to take for the issues to get resolved.

Does anyone have any advice to speed the process up and get it sorted.

Russell

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues After Number Porting

Hi Russell_S,

Thanks for your post on the Forum and a warm welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a problem with your number port. 

I can understand your concern about the time it can take to get this type of issue resolved, as it can take anywhere from a couple of hours, to 24 hours and longer depending on what's causing the problem with the number porting over from one provider to another--one of those being our Virgin Mobile network, of course.

I hope this has been sorted out for you already, but if it hasn't, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Russell_S
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues After Number Porting

Thanks Terri,

The issue has now been resolved thanks. After speaking to the call centre a few times and them trying various things it eventually turned out to be the SIM cards themselves that were faulty. They reckon both SIM cards came from a faulty batch. Once they sent me new ones and I activated them all was working fine and has been since. All in it was about a week to get it all sorted.

One thing I will say is that the quality of service you get from the call centre staff varies greatly depending on who you get to speak to. I spoke to a couple of people who were no use whatsoever and didn't even attempt to troubleshoot the problem. However, I also spoke to a couple of others who were extremely helpful and went out of their way to troubleshoot the issue.

So, I think the moral is, if you are not happy with one person then hang up and try again.

Russell

0 Kudos