Two days ago I bought another 250mb travel pass after using my phone in Spain a number of times with no problems. However, the latest travel pass does not work. When I text status to 23456 it tells me my pass is up and running. However it's an "Undefined pass and you've got 3584.00 MB to use in the next 23 days" etc. This would be great if it worked! I've now tried customer services 3 times in the past days and they tell me they are changing my account settings. However nothing they have done has worked yet. I've spent 1.5 hours on the phone to them so far. My phone is fine as are the settings.
It's difficult as you say the settings are correct Have you Checked it's set to roaming not national roaming Rebooted and manually searched for a net work? Tried all those networks rebooted every time? if it's a android phone cleared the dalvic and cache ?
Have the same problem in Menorca, spoke to somone on 13th who said it was a known issue with the network and it was being looked at, now four days on and still not working. just spoke to them again and TBH were about as helpful as a chocolate teapot. Virgin yet again dont seem to be in any rush to solve problems. My son has had no problems with his on EE, guess i need to lock at them when I get home
I had the same problem last week. When I tried to use Data Roaming initially I had a message saying that as I did not have data roaming on when I left the UK I was unable to access it abroad, despite having been allowed to buy a EU Datapass. The help page for going abroad does not suggest that you need to do this, and in fact it would not be cost effective to do so as the passes can only be bought when out of UK, so you could clock up charges unwittingly if you leave with it on! I rang Virgin and had a conversation with someone who advised me that there was a technical problem which was being worked on, but it would take 3 - 5 days. She suggested that I use Wi-Fi in the meantime which would obviously not help with using maps etc when out and about! She also told me that a £5 refund would be applied to my account, but there is no sign of that having appeared yet.
Still not working, nearly an hour on the phone again today, eventually spoke to technical team who advised same as last week, technical issues. Would be an idea for technology team to advise support staff of the issues, which would save a lot of time messing about with settings which makes no difference