Menu
Anthelp
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Issue with travel pass

Two days ago I bought another 250mb travel pass after using my phone in Spain a number of times with no problems. However, the latest travel pass does not work. When I text status to 23456 it tells me my pass is up and running. However it's an "Undefined pass and you've got 3584.00 MB to use in the next 23 days" etc. This would be great if it worked! I've now tried customer services 3 times in the past days and they tell me they are changing my account settings. However nothing they have done has worked yet. I've spent 1.5 hours on the phone to them so far. My phone is fine as are the settings.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with travel pass

It's difficult as you say the settings are correct
Have you
Checked it's set to roaming not national roaming
Rebooted and manually searched for a net work?
Tried all those networks rebooted every time?
if it's a android phone cleared the dalvic and cache ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anthelp

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with data roaming.

How has this been since you posted on Friday? Have you been able to check through the tips J0hn suggested?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have the same problem in Menorca, spoke to somone on 13th who said it was a known issue with the network and it was being looked at, now four days on and still not working. just spoke to them again and TBH were about as helpful as a chocolate teapot. Virgin yet again dont seem to be in any rush to solve problems. My son has had no problems with his on EE, guess i need to lock at them when I get home

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi briangr1

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your mobile data abroad.

It's been a few days since you posted, I just wanted to check if you're still having issues with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
AnnSw
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem last week. When I tried to use Data Roaming initially I had a message saying that as I did not have data roaming on when I left the UK I was unable to access it abroad, despite having been allowed to buy a EU Datapass. The help page for going abroad does not suggest that you need to do this, and in fact it would not be cost effective to do so as the passes can only be bought when out of UK, so you could clock up charges unwittingly if you leave with it on! I rang Virgin and had a conversation with someone who advised me that there was a technical problem which was being worked on, but it would take 3 - 5 days. She suggested that I use Wi-Fi in the meantime which would obviously not help with using maps etc when out and about! She also told me that a £5 refund would be applied to my account, but there is no sign of that having appeared yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi AnnSw

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear about your roaming issues.

We do recommend roaming is enabled before you leave as we can't guarantee to be able to activate it while you're out there.

When roaming within the EU, the data service will not work until you purchase a pass, so you wouldn't be able to incur unexpected data charges in this waybefore you'd purchased the pass.

With regards to your refund, I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
AnnSw
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

There does not seem to be anything in my PM box!

0 Kudos
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still not working, nearly an hour on the phone again today, eventually spoke to technical team who advised same as last week, technical issues. Would be an idea for technology team to advise support staff of the issues, which would save a lot of time messing about with settings which makes no difference
0 Kudos
briangr1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

well back home now and never managed to use the pass at all, not the best experience I have ever had dealing with Virgin

0 Kudos