Menu
DSV121
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issue with customer services

Right -

my phone has given up the ghost completely, I can't switch it on whatsoever; I am on a sim only plan, trying to log into my account online to see if there is a way to order a nano sim as that is what I will need for a new phone; apparently I don't exist whatsoever, and the only way to rectify this is to call 789 which I can't do as my phone is dead! I am not paying a premium rate number to sort an issue with an email which I have already spent a good 2 hours on the phone with Virgin trying to sort roughly a year ago.. Any other ways to sort this? Or am I just doomed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Issue with customer services

Hi DSV121,

you can't order a replacement SIM online. You will need to speak to a customer service agent.

If you can use another phone to call the Team you can do so on 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call).

Alternatively if you wait until Monday you could try web-chat : Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile 

The advisors are almost always busy though so it may take some time to get connected.
(Use a PC or laptop and keep the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DSV121,

you can't order a replacement SIM online. You will need to speak to a customer service agent.

If you can use another phone to call the Team you can do so on 0345 6000 789 (standard rate call).

Alternatively if you wait until Monday you could try web-chat : Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile 

The advisors are almost always busy though so it may take some time to get connected.
(Use a PC or laptop and keep the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

imogene
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You don't have to call a premium rate number.

The number is 0345 6000 789 - this sort of number is a geographic-equivalent number and will be charged no more than a standard landline from any other mobile or your home phone, so would be in any allowances etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey DSV121, 

Welcome to the community!

I am so sorry to see that you’re having issues trying to change your SIM card.

@AlexKid is spot on, you will have to give us a call in to get a new one ordered up. You can also dial us from any Virgin Media landline the number to dial is 150. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos