Menu
Dizziebirdie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is this tel number genuine virgin mobile customer accounts or fraudulent request?

Help, I've had a text from Virgin media (many previous texts saying refreshed allowances) and it says I've not made most recent payment to account. It's asked me to "call 08000522136 to make sure I can carry on using virgin mobile services". My account has been paid, so I am confused. Does anyone know if the phone number is legitimately virgin mobile? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this tel number genuine virgin mobile customer accounts or fraudulent request?

Hi Dizziebirdie,

it is a genuine Virgin number Smiley Happy

See this confirmation post by Virgin Forum Team member, Terri_P: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Scam-number/m-p/3134173#M62934

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this tel number genuine virgin mobile customer accounts or fraudulent request?

I think it's a sales line, so I'd expect your contract is up soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dizziebirdie Smiley Happy

Thank you fo your message, I hope you are well Smiley Happy

I would like to welcome you into the Community, it's great to see you've already met some of the Forum already, thanks guys Smiley Happy

That number is genuine as mentioned already, I was just wondering if we've been back in touch or decided to call us instead? If there's anything I can help you with please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos