Menu
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Is there a "glitch in the system" as Customer Services says?

I've posted about losing Network Connection, CS diagonsing a faulty SIM, sending a new SIM that has failed to activate after about 68 hours now.

CS say that there is a  "glitch in the system" but I don't see any other evidence of this from posts on this forum. I would expect others to raise it.

I don't trust Virgin to tell the truth. Do mods or anyone else know of such a glitch please?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there a "glitch in the system" as Customer Services says?

Hi MajorBloodnok

As far as i am aware there are no issues with activating sim cards at present.

When we process things on an account i.e a sim activation . This is done as an "order" . These orders may get stuck or fail as of which we have to try and resolve them . This potentialy may be the case but if your sim isnt working i wouuld advise to speak to tech supoprt

I only saying this as a general overview. 

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee B. Regular Customer Service are useless, and know nothing.
How do I contact tech support please?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

call us on 0345 6000 789 and ask the advisor to put you through Smiley Happy

good luck

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

many thanks Lee_B

I'll keep this thread updated.

I can't help thinking that there is a problem with my account or the mobile number, and that the activation of the new SIM has taken place. The diagnosis of a fault in the old SIM was a red herring so that the CS agent could mark the issue as resolved.

The symptoms are exactly the same.

0 Kudos
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Got through to James in Swansea. What a relief to speak to someone who was able to provide more information. It is now with the IT department, and a matter of waiting and hoping. Hence the 3-5 days ... that now turns out to be Monday at the latest.

He said that it was an issue that occurred more frequently on the "old system" and that it was the first time he has been aware of it in recent times, but was confident of a resolution.

I wish it was like taking a car in for a service, when you can phone the mechanic and ask about progress. Anyone got the number for the IT team? "Hello, it's 079xx 123456 here - how's my network connection repair doing?"

0 Kudos
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

So I decided on the pessimistic approach i.e. that it will be at least Monday before this is fixed, and had to spend 90 mins. of my precious time going to the nearest Virgin shop to get myself a SIM card to insert in an old handset.

You would think that, if Virgin really did mean that they are really sorry for the inconvenience - as they keep repeating when I tell them the many ways that this is messing my life up - they would say: "we'd like to keep you going while we sort this out so will send a temporary SIM card with £20 on it if you have an old handset hanging around. Will that help?" Answer: "yes, it will help and I do have an old one. Thank you very much".

But no, they don't think outside the box like that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi MajorBloodnok,

I'm really sorry for any frustration caused on our part. I can assure you that our team are hard at work to make sure that this is all sorted for you.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Nice to hear from the Forum team. Thank you Mat_H.

Nearly got through £10 on the temporary emergency SIM I had to buy. I am still fuming that Virgin didn't bother to offer me that service gratis, seeing that none of this is my fault. You're all quick to say how sorry you are, but don't extend that to what I regard is appropriate action. Nothing personal, Mat - that must be the way they train you - just let the customer stew.

Time is ticking away. The team had just better have it fixed by Monday - that will be nearly two weeks that the phone's been down.

And I'll expect appropriate compensation - a trip to get the spare SIM (time and travel expenses), time spent letting friends family and colleagues know of the temporary number (people just think I'm ignoring them, or being unprofessional in not replying - God knows how much work I've lost), and I've been paying the DD for a non-existent service. I don't wish to have a compensation fight on my hands after all this wasted time and stress.

What you can do please is tell me to whom I should address my eventual compensation claim.

0 Kudos
MajorBloodnok
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Another thing related....

I've just registered my temporary SIM to my account and see that I've been charged for using the internet! I have deliberately NOT used the internet so that I keep the cost of this damned extra SIM card down to texts and calls.

Please tell me how you think I've been using the internet.

0 Kudos