Menu
chrisd57
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible to recover contacts from a deactivated sim

I have just upgraded my phone and received a new nano sim but all of my contacts are on my old standard sim - is there any way to recover them as the old sim is deactivated. I thought they were synced with Google but it appears not.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
chrisd57
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it possible to recover contacts from a deactivated sim

I have now managed by copying the contacts from the old phone to an SD card and then moving them that way - a great relief

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's very unlikely they are stored on your old SIM. There's only space for a few contacts on the SIM itself.

What sort of handset is your old one and your new one? You may well have synced the old one to Google, if it were an Android phone, but if your new one is an iPhone or Windows phone, you may struggle getting your contacts transferred back.

0 Kudos
chrisd57
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have now managed by copying the contacts from the old phone to an SD card and then moving them that way - a great relief

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisd57,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

It can be quite daunting when you get a new phone and need to swap the numbers over. Luckily you found a good solution and one I've used myself previously.

I've marked your answer as helpful as other members may come along with the same problem and will be able to see your result.

Hope you're enjoying your new phone. Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos