Menu
mimling
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is it me or is it really hard to make a complaint...

Hi forum team

I am looking for advice on how to make a complaint in writing.

- I have tried phoning from my landline, but I don't have a touch tone phone (unusual I know but it broke and I'm a student so got a cheap dial phone in a boot sale...) and so have to wait to be put through to the first department the phone defaults to (sales!), and when I tried that the person who answered actually told me off for coming through to the wrong department and told me to ring back, even when I explained why and asked to be put through to the right one!

- I have begged and borrowed phones from friends and family over the last couple of weeks to make various calls, my last was on Monday and lasted 30 mins, and I don't feel able to keep asking such favours from people.

- I have tried to use the message facility online but waited an entire working day with it being busy and unable to connect.

I have had two separate issues with my phone during the last month and have been faced with terrible customer service in relation to both of the issues, with the exception of one person I spoke to on Monday, although it appears now he has also misled me. I am at this point phoneless and fuming! I was promised my unrepaired phone would be back with me by today, but received an email this morning to say it has been posted today and will be with me in the next 2 days...

In each of the 10 phone calls made the person tries to deal with an individual issue, but they don't look at the whole picture, and they never offer to look further into why things are set up as they are in order to improve the experience for customers in the future. I want to be able to list all the issues I have had so that they can be read by someone and looked into properly. Some of them could have been so very simply resolved.

I used to work in complaints and always saw them as learning opportunities to make future customer service better. I feel like without offering the opportunity to put complaints in writing, virgin are in fact robbing themselves of the opportunity to be able to learn from previous mistakes and improve for the future. I also just think, really, it shouldn't be this hard...

Thanks

Mim

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it me or is it really hard to make a complaint...

Hi mimling,

here is a guide to Virgin's complaints procedure: Consumer Complaints

You can write to them at:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
ashtaglol
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it me or is it really hard to make a complaint...

No it is not just you.

Once Virgin Media have your money they don't give a damn about their service failures!.

0 Kudos