Menu
SupernovaB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is Virgin Mobile no longer going to use EE?

I have no mobile service in the Knaresborough area today. I have discovered that EE are working on a nearby transmitter. As part of the call with customer service, they advised that Virgin Mobile are going to start using "their own network". Anyone know about this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is Virgin Mobile no longer going to use EE?

Hi SupernovaB,

Thanks for the post. My apologies for having no mobile service in Knaresborough.

If you enter your postcode into the EE Network Status Checker then it should tell you there's a fault in the area and you have the option of being kept up to date with the resolution.

We're still going to be a mobile virtual net work operator but we're implementing changes to migrate to our own core network soon, so I guess there's some truth in what they're saying Smiley Happy.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sounds like they use the same offshore call centres as VM - truth is not something they bother about

Tony
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep - absolute Bull.
Virgin have not got a licence to run a service and are unlikely to get one in the near future.
It takes years to build a network 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi SupernovaB,

Thanks for the post. My apologies for having no mobile service in Knaresborough.

If you enter your postcode into the EE Network Status Checker then it should tell you there's a fault in the area and you have the option of being kept up to date with the resolution.

We're still going to be a mobile virtual net work operator but we're implementing changes to migrate to our own core network soon, so I guess there's some truth in what they're saying Smiley Happy.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM will still be a Virtual operator they could not possibly afford the money to set up their own network even if the bands very available, which they are not. I presume they mean by “own core network” is they going to replace BT, who now own EE, for connections between some end points. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
gravy258
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just signed up to Virgin mobile, the sim card arrived 2 days ago. Tried to port my number thru, operator said the new SIM is a EE virgin SIM and she can't port to it. She said she will send me a new SIM as there using there own network ?
0 Kudos