Menu
PlymouthJoseph
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Is Virgin Mobile having a Galaxy Note 8 shortage?

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 over the phone on the 2nd October 2017 and I was told it was due to arrive on the 9th October 2017 but it didn't and when I rang up, all they said is that there is no Note 8 currently in stock. 

In short, all I would like to know is when are the Samsung Galaxy Note 8's going to back in stock? Every time I ring up, they won't tell me and I was hoping that I could get more information here. 

Hoping for some good news as I'm currently without a phone until my new one arrives, which could be anywhere from 1 week to 2 months. 

- Joe

0 Kudos
Craig046
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is Virgin Mobile having a Galaxy Note 8 shortage?

Hi Joe

I also ordered the Note 8 last week and as of yet have no idea when to expect delivery. I was originally advised the 4th, then the 9th and should now hear something within the next 7 days.

Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait should be as i'm considering cancelling my order and going in to a VM store instead

Thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
PlymouthJoseph
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've also thought about doing the same, but in Plymouth, they only have 1 Virgin Media store that I'm aware of, and the chances of that having a phone in stock is next to nothing. 

I ordered mine on the 2nd, checked on the order every day, got a email on the 6th saying I should receive my device within the next week, I rang them Monday (Which was the estimated delivery date) and all they told me was that they're currently out of stock and will be sent out as soon as they get them back in stock which could be anywhere from 1 week till 2 months!

I have tried and tried to find a answer to when that'll be but it hasn't gotten me anywhere, and it is starting to annoy me. Once I receive my Note 8, I will be contacting Virgin Media and asking for some kind of compensation for making me wait so long, with little to no information on my order. I don't know how that'll go but I hope I'll get something. I mean, it shouldn't take over a week to get a item back in stock. 

- Joe

0 Kudos
Craig046
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I doubt I would have ordered the phone if I knew it was out of stock, would have probably gone for the S8+ instead, but to be fair to VM, they do have some really good offers at the moment hence the stock shortage and increase in Note 8 orders

I do think its wrong that Virgin show the phone as being in stock on their website and then once ordered tell you otherwise. The least I would expect as a new customer would be accurate info on when to expect my order

Craig
0 Kudos
PlymouthJoseph
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

When I was placing the order, I couldn't choose between the S8+ and the Note 8, but what made my decision was the slightly better specs of the Note 8 and the pen. I now wish had gone with the S8+ because I may have had my phone by now.

I also agree with you 100% that they shouldn't show the phone being in stock online (And over the phone I assume) and them make us wait until we receive it. I think that, because we have signed ab agreement with Virgin, they should keep us in the loop when it comes to updates, but obviously not apparently.

I also understand the shortage due to the fantastic deals they've got (£38/month for 5000 minutes, unlimited texts and 40GB of 4G data is fantastic) but they should of realised that many people would of gone for it and should of ordered the phone before hand instead of leaving us high and dry with little to no information in regards to out order. It's that which angers me the most.

- Joe

0 Kudos
Pam012
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe/Craig,

Have either of you received your Samsung Note 8 handset yet?

I also ordered mine on the 2nd October but can't get any answers as to a time frame.

Thanks,

Pam

0 Kudos
PlymouthJoseph
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pam,

I haven't received mine yet, and it still says online "Ordered, awaiting stock"

I have called them multiple times all I get the same answer every time... "We'll email you when it is on the way"

Other than that, I cannot help. So, it looks like it is the waiting game until then unfortunately.

- Joe
0 Kudos
Craig046
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe / Pam
I am still awaiting order as like you and called them this morning to complain, turns out VM placed my order twice and conducted multiple credit checks without telling me as well as charging me for several PAYG sim cards. After escalating to a manager and discussing cancelling the whole order, they did tell me that they hope to fill all the back orders by the end of this week which is encouraging. I did speak to a couple of my local VM stores to check stock levels and both advised that they have not received any Note 8 handsets since it was launched. Looks like VM were mega unprepared for this launch
0 Kudos
PlymouthJoseph
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for informing me... I may check this when I get home, although I've ordered it as a Pay Monthly deal.
As far as filling all the back orders is concerned... "hopefully" is the important word.
And as far as being unprepared... They should've looked how many people ordered the Note 7 and judged accordingly. As I bet all the people who had to return that handset were going to buy the Note 8 as soon as possible.

Anyway, thank you for your insight. Gave me a bit of reassurance. Still going to call them when I get home however.

- Joe
0 Kudos
Craig046
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I would do Joe,
I ordered online and had my order accepted for the pay monthly Note 8, it was only when I called VM on 3rd October to chase a delivery date that they told me the order had not been processed and they would need to process a new order. Seems like that was nonsense as VM processed a duplicate order and carried out an additional credit check. The salesman then told me that he would send some PAYG sim cards for friends and family and despite saying they were not needed, they arrived anyway. I have since found out that £10 was taken from my bank for "top up" credit for these sim cards. I cant understand how VM are allowed to operate in a way where staff think its ok to process duplicate orders to obviously meet sales targets and then lie about charging customers cards and stock levels, in hindsight cant believe that I have not actually cancelled this order. I have asked for a manager to call me back about all of the above, if that happens I will again ask about stock levels and let you know

Craig
0 Kudos