Menu
BT747474
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is Virgin Media TV Any Where App compatible with Lollipop 5.1.1 & Lollipop M by the end of 2015?

Is Virgin Media TV Any Where App compatible with Lollipop 5.1.1 & Lollipop M by the end of 2015?

Lollipop 5.1 had at least one serious bug in it, therefore skip Lollipop 5.1 and use Lollipop 5.1.1+ when available in the UK.

I think Lollipop in some countries are available therefore is Virgin Media Any Where App compatible with Lollipop 5.2 when it is available in the UK?

I think that I heard some where that their maybe a Lollipop 5.3 beta (experiment) version somewhere.

Perhaps it is part of Motorola's Soak (secret) Beta Testing somewhere in the world or maybe it was the temporary name for Android M.

Motorola Official Forum states that for Motorola version one phones; E, G, X will not get 5.0.2, but will get 5.1 that doesn't make any sense: 1) Version one users should get Lollipop 5.0.1 faster than debugging (correcting errors) in 5.1,

Lollipop 5.1 probably has at least one of the following problems; 1) Wi-Fi and or 2) RAM Battery problem, and

Lollipop M (Google I/O annual symposium (meeting)) verifies that Lollipop M should be available soon by the end of 2015.

http://hothardware.com/news/google-addresses-severe-memory-leak-in-android-51-lollipop

Motorola UK/Europe stated that Moto G 1st Gen. 2013, XT1032 UK was made obsolete (stop making it),

and I assumed that all first versions of; G,E and X were also made obsolete.

If Motorola is going to create an update firmware to enable Lollipop 5.1 then it probably means that L 5.1 will be the last update probably for first versions of; E, G, and X, because why waste time debugging Lollipop 5.1 when they can use the time to create Lollipop M?

Google creates the Operating System, but all manufacturers have to up date their firmware to use Google's Operating System to tailor make the OS for their devices.

This is why Nexus and Motorola is usually the quickest to install the latest software for their devices

(phones and tablets) etcetera.

Will Motorola Moto G 4G 2nd Gen. 2015, XT1072 UK be compatible with TV Any Where, because few phones appears to be compatible with Virgin Media's TV Any Where?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is Virgin Media TV Any Where App compatible with Lollipop 5.1.1 & Lollipop M by the end of 2015?

Hi BT747474,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. We certainly appreciate the information you provided in your post regarding  Lollipop 5.1 and Lollipop M. 

As of yet, we have not received an update on this, so I don't have any further news regarding the compatibility of TV Anywhere with Lollipop 5.1 or Lollipop M or with the Motorola Moto G 4G 2nd Gen. 2015, XT1072 UK.

All current compatible devices can be seen here.

When this information is provided to us, we will notify our Community Forum users. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is Virgin Media TV Any Where App compatible with Lollipop 5.1.1 & Lollipop M by the end of 2015?

I have a Moto X Gen 2 (2014) and the App worked on 5.0 and now 5.1.

I only got the update a few days ago, it states 5.1 in Phones System Info but it may be 5.1.1 (not 100% on that TBH).

I would like to think we get same build as others who are on 5.1.1 and I read some have 5.2.

0 Kudos
BT747474
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos