Menu
mystydog
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iphone x Sim problems. Not working.

6th November Ordered  an Iphone x  from Virgin Media.

5th December received phone and put my new SIM in, only to be told the “system is busy” when I try to use it. Cannot make phone calls, no messages, no email and no internet access.

5th December Phoned Virgin on 0345 6000 789. Was on phone for nearly 30 mins and was told that I had to phone 0800 183 1150

5th December phoned 0800 183 1150 and was told that my Sim number has not been registered. I was told a ticket would be put in and I would be contacted within 48 hours and would then be able to use my phone.

7th December phoned 0800 183 1150 on phone for 37 minutes to "Kevin". Told that Sim was not registered and that I had to wait until the 18th December for a letter or email from Virgin and that i would have to return my phone for them to sort it out. There is nothing wrong with the phone, if I put my sons EE sim card in it, it works perfectly. I tried to cancel my contract, but funnily enough, they cant cancel it as I am not registered! The 18th of December is one day before the 14 day cut of period to cancel the contract and 3 days after the first payment goes out.

At the moment I have a phone that I can't use and no sign of it working in the next few weeks at least.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
betton18
Just joined
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone x Sim problems. Not working.

I have had pretty much exactly the same experience, the whole thing has been a shambles tbh.

Right from the beginning I knew something wasn't right, ordered the phone and never received any confirmation, order number or anything. Then the phone was late. When it finally arrived, was excited to use it, only to find that the SIM did not work and that the one I had wasn't even registered. Was told I have to wait 3-5 working days for it to be registered, currently on day 4, so we shall see.

Overall, been a really bad experience, when ordering a new phone should be exciting, really taken the fun out of it.

0 Kudos
DHeskey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, having the exact same issue.

I’ve been through 5 different phone calls, no explanation and each day told it will be resolved within 24 hours.

The whole thing is a complete joke, I still need to provide my PAC code as well, but of course can’t do that until my sim is registered!
0 Kudos
LiamJP
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue. Virgin seem to absolutely awful. First the order was delayed and now I can't even use it!
0 Kudos
DHeskey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Finally a bit of progress...

The issue is our pre-orders were allocated sims that were EE sims and would not have been registered prior to just before. But because just before they have moved away from EE to their own network there is no way of registering the sim.

Answer: Go into store and they will swap it for you, or request a new sim via phone but will take longer

Mine is up and running now (finally!) just waiting for the PAC switch over before my complaint goes through...
0 Kudos