Menu
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Iphone 5s nano sim

I am thinking of buying my mates iphone 5s and having a sim only contract .  Trouble is I have a standard sim card , and the iphone 5s uses a nano sim,   Would I have to try and cut the standard sim to a nano sim , Or is there anyway i can have my number transferred to a nano sim ??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Iphone 5s nano sim

Hi broksonic,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

You wouldn't need to cut the sim card. We can send a replacement for you with the same number Smiley Happy

Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get this sorted for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi broksonic,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

You wouldn't need to cut the sim card. We can send a replacement for you with the same number Smiley Happy

Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get this sorted for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Afraid it has not gone well.   I said very clearly on the phone that I would like a nano sim,  The woman on the said i would be getting one by Monday 30th March.

I have just received a text telling me that that my vm bundle is setup .   I did not want it on the sim card I already have as it is useless in an iphone

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Seems I have got to buy a nano sim cutter after all 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Broksonic,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Can I clarify that you want to start a sim only contract with us with a nano sim, and then transfer your number over?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H wrote:

Hi Broksonic,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Can I clarify that you want to start a sim only contract with us with a nano sim, and then transfer your number over?

Thanks,

Mat

Yes that is exactly what I want , but for some reason that have put the sim only contract on the card i already have .  I even had this email .

Hello,

Thanks again for calling today to agree your new SIM only deal with us. So you've got it handy, here's a quick rundown on what happens next. When does my new tariff start? Your new tariff will start on your next refresh date unless we've told you differently in our chat today. The way you get billed won't change.Activating your SIM If you have ordered a new SIM card you will need to activate it once received. This can be done at virginmobile.co.uk/activate or by texting "READY" to 789678. It can take up to 24 hours for your SIM card to activate. If you're not getting a new SIM card, just pop your old SIM into the phone and you will be up and running straight away!

So why have they put the contract on my original sim when I have not even activated it . 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

ring 789 or whatever it is now - seem to remember its changed - follow the prompts to thinking of leaving and you should get a UK agent - dont worry about the thinking of leaving bit - talk it through and they should sort it - you may well get a new sim special delivery tomorrow - its should be a combined nano/micro sim - just punch the middle out

Tony
0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

adacom wrote:

ring 789 or whatever it is now - seem to remember its changed - follow the prompts to thinking of leaving and you should get a UK agent - dont worry about the thinking of leaving bit - talk it through and they should sort it - you may well get a new sim special delivery tomorrow - its should be a combined nano/micro sim - just punch the middle out

She even asked me to comfirm my address to send the new sim card.  Can't for the life of me understand why they have put the sim only contract on the sim card i already have.   I told her that i needed a nano sim because i have an iphone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi broksonic,

I'm sorry for any trouble caused on our part. We're making some improvements to our systems this weekend. Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 on Monday and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It's ok Mark.   Getting too much of a hassle for me Smiley Sad

I did phone yesterday saying that they have put the sim only contact on my standard sim that I already have . It would not be a problem if it was not that I need a nano sim for an iphone.

I will just cut the sim to size and can't get through to them that i need a nano sim.

Could i give you my details in a pm so as you can try and find out what is going on ?

0 Kudos