Menu
vmcintyre
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Iphone 5 won't connect to any network in France

My daughter is currently in France on a school trip and is unable connect to any phone network in France. I made sure that 'roaming' was switched on in her account settings before she travelled and that all other settings were as they should be. I have twice phoned the help desk today who were absolutely useless, but did say that she was definitely set up for roaming!! She has switched her phone on and off quite a few times but still with no luck.  She has also tried to select the phone network manually.  It finds a network but when she selected it nothing happened. Please can someone help urgently as it's very important that she is able to use her phone. Thanks 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iphone 5 won't connect to any network in France

I'm afraid this is mainly a customer based forum. There are mods, but I doubt if you will get an answer in the time-frame you require.

Go back into accounts and try switching roaming off, and then 15 min later back on again. Make sure international call barring is set to off.

Sorry to say we have a lot of posts regarding roaming on Virgin, it seems the system says one thing whilst doing another.

Sorry, can be of more help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the forums vmcintyre Smiley Happy

How is your daughter getting on with this currently?

Please let me know if you need anything at all. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just popping by to make sure all is well vmcintyre?

Let me know if you need me Smiley Happy
Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos