Menu
lorraineburns
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet use

I was just looking at my last bill and noticed that apparently I accessed internet on 2 occasions. I never use internet on my mobile, it is within my package so no charge but a bit worried that this has happened, has anyone else had this

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet use

Firstly, check your phone and see if the 'data services' is switched on.

Most smartphones will automatically 'update' once or twice a week minimum (my BB Z10 does it daily,) possibly more. These 'use' data to do so, this may be where your usage is.

If this is so, either switch data services off if you do not want it to use data, or, when at home, use wi-fi, as this will take preference to data if available, reducing the data used from mobile allowance.

You can switch data service off, and only turn on when you need to use it, then turn off again.

Hope this helps..Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
lorraineburns
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

My phone is not a Smart phone it is just a Nokia 6330 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lorraineburns,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear about the confusion with data usage showing on your bill.

I've done a search for that handset but it appears there is no such model number (unless it's similar to the 6300). I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

I was trying to find out how you'd go about accessing the internet on that handset because the older models can sometimes have a short-cut access which means you could have accidentally pressed it.

Any idea how much data was used? I wouldn't be too concerned with it if it's within your package but I understand your reasons for wanting to know.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lorraineburns
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are right about my model it is a Nokia 6300

I always keep my phone locked so it cannot be used accidentily.

I have changed to a Apple iphone now but will keep a watch on it

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos