So about 6 months ago I had problems with the speed of my internet, looked like it was capped. Spent an hour on the phone to Virgin to try and sort the problem out, went through every setting on the phone including the actual connection ports etc. Eventually after all that work the person on the other end of the phone put me on hold, eventually hanging up after 2 minutes.
This happened back when I was on unlimited internet which due to financial reasons I had to stop using. Now I'm back on unlimited I am 9 days from my refresh and am having the same problem, dropping from about 2 m/s internet to 200kb/s. This has lasted almost 3 days now. It is also strangely coincidental this happens around the 2gb usage mark on the data.
Funnily enough last time it happened when I got my refresh the speeds returned to normal which makes me 90% sure I was capped. Also the employee stated to me on the phone that I was still not over my limit so fair usage doesn't come into the question.
I have actually created an account to explain this to other people and also look if anyone has had similar problems to me? I am open to any solutions that can be given by VM staff although if you didn't cover it in that hour phone call already I'd be very surprised. End of the day I don't think Virgin likes to honour the contracts and I have had a pretty bad time since joining them over 12 months ago, I would strongly reccomend people go elsewhere for contracts as Virgin is one of the most inconsistent providers I have ever been with.
I'm really sorry you've had some trouble with your internet speeds. It sounds like you've exceeded the fair usage policy. This would cause you to be limited to 2G speeds. This would be lifted at the end of the calendar month.
I am nowhere near and have checked online and on my phone to see how much data I have used.
Also if I had the same problem a few months back and they confirmed that I wasn't at my limit then it just proves you cap speeds. Unless you have any other explanation I haven't heard already?
If you read my whole post you'd of known I wasn't exceeding the fair usage unless you've brought it down from 3gb. You need to sort your system out so it stops capping people before they hit that usage limit, otherwise you're just exploiting customers. If you want to only give me 1GB of internet a month then charge me £10 less a month.
I understand where you're coming from here. Regardless of the limit displayed on the phone, it's essential we ensure the dair usage policy isn't in place before emabarking on other diagnostics. So we can take a closer look into this for you, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789.
We're unable to view accounts over the forums due to DPA.
Understand completely where you're coming from RE phone diagnostics but the same problem occurred last time and they said over the phone that I wasn't over the fair usage limit. There is no point now though as my allowances have been refreshed and it is working all the same again.
I won't be calling as I spent an hour on the phone last time going through all my phone settings with your staff and it resulted in them just hanging up on me as the problem was taking too long to solve presumably.
If it happens again this month I'll message back in here and you can advise steps from there