Menu
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Internet charges for BlackBerry Internet Services

On PAYG Daily Bonus Tariff. The 'Boost your BlackBerry' page says that by texting 789030 & buying a weekly or monthly pass, you get "unlimited BBM, email & data." The data usage is subject to a fair use cap of 50MB a day. But, after buying the pass, is internet usage also charged at Virgin's data usage of £1 for up to 100MB a day? Or, does the BlackBerry pass mean no additional Virgin charges for internet use?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet charges for BlackBerry Internet Services

Hi RonnieStanley,

Thanks for posting.

If you stay within the 50MB a day limit then there'd be no additional charge. If you were to go over this then the daily charges of £1 for 100MB will apply.

I hope this clears it up for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich.

Something is wrong then because the moment I connect to the internet using Mobile Network, I am charged £1. Even for 2KB.

If I then connect again the same day, nothing more has been charged.

So it looks like I'm not getting the 50MB allowance that I should get for subscribing to Blackberry Internet Service. (I do have the 4 dots in the top right of my phone, so I am registered correctly for the Blackberry service.)

Another strange thing is that the amount charged for BIS is taken from my airtime balance, but doesn't show up anywhere on my Virgin Mobile online account & there is no mention of Blackberry anywhere on the account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi RonnieStanley,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

I'm disappointed to hear you're still being charged despite purchasing the BlackBerry® pass.

I'd recommend calling our team so they can get this looked at for you. The number you need is 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It would really help if the cost of the BlackBerry pass is shown in 'Recent Usage' in the online account.

What happens is that the credit balance goes down by £2 or £5 immediately the text is sent, but there's no record of the payment on the online account. And the text doesn't show up in recent usage either.

So it makes it very difficult for the 789 team to look into.

0 Kudos
RonnieStanley
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich_B

Have just spoken to 789 & they have confirmed that the BlackBerry pass only allows access to use BlackBerry Internet Services. Any data usage at all is charged on top at the normal Virgin rates.

So receiving just one email with data services turned on will cost £1 per day. Subsequent data usage up to the 100mb a day Virgin limit will not incur an additional charge.

Giffgaff now make no charge for BIS access, so their £5 per month 'Hokey Cokey' PAYG package is looking much more attractive to BlackBerry users.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi RonnieStanley,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

I'm disappointed to hear there's an additional charge for data outside of the Boot your BlackBerry® pass but I'm glad to hear you've got things cleared up.

I'm sorry we're not as competitive as Giffgaff at present for BIS access. You never know, we may change this one so keep your eyes peeled.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

DELETED

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If no data is included in the pass, the info on this page needs to be clearer
http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go/tariffs.html

It says
Got a Pay As You Go BlackBerry®? Add a £2 weekly, or £5 monthly Pass to get unlimited BlackBerry messenger, email and data*. Brilliant.

*BlackBerry Passes Terms and Conditions
Just so you know, you can use our passes for the rest of the day that you bought it on, plus the next 6 days for weekly ones and the next 30 days for monthly ones. Our passes are subject to a fair use policy and a total allowance of 50MB a day for BlackBerry Mail, Messenger and data.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag,

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Just so your aware I've flagged this with our team who will get back to me shortly. I will let you know the outcome when I have it..

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos