Menu
Lyra
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet charge

I am being charged £1.00 daily for using the internet on my mobile I am not! this has been going on for sometime now cannot get hold of anyone on the phone or chat as constantly busy I am seriously thinking of cutting my losses and going elsewhere

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet charge

Unless you have a data plan as part of your mobile plan then any data use will be charged accordingly, you may think that you're not using any data but apps can & will update in the background unless you turn off data use - you may haver to do so for each app depending on the device.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you don't want your phone to use mobile data - just turn it off. You can still enable wifi so that whenever you're in range of a network you know, you can get all your emails and your phone can do all its updates...

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless you have a data plan as part of your mobile plan then any data use will be charged accordingly, you may think that you're not using any data but apps can & will update in the background unless you turn off data use - you may haver to do so for each app depending on the device.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you don't want your phone to use mobile data - just turn it off. You can still enable wifi so that whenever you're in range of a network you know, you can get all your emails and your phone can do all its updates...

0 Kudos