Menu
nickcolbourne
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet abroad

Hi, I'm currently abroad in France. I appear to have 4GB of data but I cannot access the net and have a no service message. Anybody help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Aimie
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet abroad

Hi,

Please take a look at roaming FAQs on this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming-FAQs/td-p/3490008

0 Kudos
briziec
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried your list of faq. I used the online update method. I received a message with the code 8326 for my moto g phone ending in 8326. When I used the dropdown menu to open and install the new settings a requester box asked me for the code. I entered it but got the error message 'code not authorised'. I am in Florence Italy without a phone or data I can use. What do you suggest

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickcolbourne and @briziec,

I'm sorry to hear that your roaming service isn't working. If the settings code isn't working on your phone, then you can manually set your APN settings instead. Just go to the link that Aimie provided on her post and scroll down to the APN settings, which are listed. On your phone, go into Settings > Networks or Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
briziec
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately your manual fix didnt seem to work for me but the kind recetionist at our hotel found a tech savvy member of staff who did it for me so all's well now thanks