Menu
bengooduk44
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

International roaming

Hi

I have forgotten to activate international roaming and I'm now in Spain. What can I do to activate this from here?

Ben
0 Kudos
bengooduk44
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: International roaming

I guess nothing. Waste of time asking I guess
0 Kudos
conman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

most people de activate roaming when they go abroad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi bengooduk44

Let's get you some help with this Smiley Happy

Just give the team a call on +447953967967 from any other line & we'll get on the case for you.

As you're already abroad, there's no guarantee that the roaming will provision correctly, but we might be able to get it working for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mronks
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got mine working for me once I was already abroad (New Zealand), it did take a few attempts though and in the end I think it had to be forced as the standard way wasn't doing it.

0 Kudos
browner65
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey mark,
Nice to see someone from the forum team replying to messages!! Well done, I could do with a reply to my problem if you're still in the mood to be helpful?

0 Kudos
browner65
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Great , interesting to know, any advice to offer on how you did that?
0 Kudos
Gary_Gates
Just joined
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

I have been trying for over an hour to contact virgin from Tenerife to set my partners phone up for roaming and I keep being cut off or put in yet another list of numbers to choose.

can someone please contact me on my mobile or at least set up my pertners phone for roaming.

I have been a virgin customer for aropund 10 years and have never had any issues untill now, just when i need it to work.

regards
Gary
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary_Gates

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having some issues getting through to us to get the Roaming service set up.

I've responded to your PM on this to get you some help - just reply to the PM if you have any questions Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
wendyjanetsmith
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Support

I also have not enabled roaming overseas.  I'm in Greece and need to make calls and send texts.  I do not have access to another phone so am unable to make the call to initiate international roaming.  I have a blackberry torch, please email me rather than using the forum to reply so that I can give you any details you need in order to set this up for me.

Many thanks,

Wendy

0 Kudos