Menu
maneeshg
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

International Roaming

Hi,

I forgot to activate my international roaming and do not have access to another phone line. Could you please help me through PM/email?

The thing is previously I was with Orange and then EE and with neither of them I had to activate the roaming, it was there by default, so I assumed it will be same with Virgin and therefore did not bother to activate or check.

Will be very grateful if you could please help.

Thanks
Maneesh

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: International Roaming

Hi maneeshg

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the roaming service - I can confirm this does need to be set up with Virgin Mobile to use the handset abroad.

Our forums are community based, so we do allow time for the community to help out other customers before we step in. We don't recommend getting in touch via the forum if you need immediate assistance from the Virgin Mobile team regarding an account specific enquiry.

The best way to get immediate assistance is to call us on 789 / 0345 600 0789 - while you're abroad you can call us on +447953967967 from any other line.

Just to let you know, you can enable the roaming service yourself though via your Online Account - just head to 'Plan and device' and 'manage services'.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
maneeshg
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is clearly disgusting

I asked for a little help and Virgin can't be even bothered to respond. I have 3 mobile contracts with them and looking at this service I promise I will not be renewing these.

One more thing - Virgin mobile please do not bother to send me any messages related to this as I am at the end of my tour. If I have managed so many days without your service I am sure I will not die without it in the next few days.

Thank you very much for the poor service standards
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi maneeshg

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the roaming service - I can confirm this does need to be set up with Virgin Mobile to use the handset abroad.

Our forums are community based, so we do allow time for the community to help out other customers before we step in. We don't recommend getting in touch via the forum if you need immediate assistance from the Virgin Mobile team regarding an account specific enquiry.

The best way to get immediate assistance is to call us on 789 / 0345 600 0789 - while you're abroad you can call us on +447953967967 from any other line.

Just to let you know, you can enable the roaming service yourself though via your Online Account - just head to 'Plan and device' and 'manage services'.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
maneeshg
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

That worked.

I was trying this a few days ago but kept getting the message 'Oops somethings gone wrong try after sometime' I kept trying the whole day and every time it was the same message.

So I assumed that probably these settings can be changed only from within UK.

It has worked but as I said in my previous message I am almost at the end of the tour.

Thanks

Maneesh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi maneeshg

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It's great to hear this has resolved the issues for you - you should be all set up now for future trips too Smiley Happy

Just let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos
voice_actor
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is it ever FREE to RECEIVE calls to a UK-based Virgin mobile handset outside of the UK, but within the EU?  The OFCOM pricing refers to a cost of about 6p/min to RECEIVE calls.  I can find no call cost info on the Virgin Mobile website.

When in Germany over the weekend, I received a text from Telekom.de saying "Welcome to Germany! Calls cost £0.16/min to make, and £0.00/min to receive...".

Does anyone know which of these is correct?

Thanks

Nige

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If in the EU with a Virgin sim, it is free to recieve calls and text's

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
russell2
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi  i was in Rome last week and purchased a travel pass.  It did not work, could not access the internet.  Phoned 789 twice and they confirmed roaming was activated on my account.  they reset it and i rebooted my phone but still did not work.

0 Kudos
wilber_force
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does the roaming have to be set on every time one goes abroad?  I thought it was set to on and didn't need to be set to on again?

And does abroad include Jersey?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

wilber_force wrote:

Does the roaming have to be set on every time one goes abroad?  I thought it was set to on and didn't need to be set to on again?

And does abroad include Jersey?

Cheers.

For me, roaming was set to on at the start of my contract, I have not needed to touch it since.  Before going away eachtime I do ring 789 and go through the auto options to check roaming is still active OK.

Jersey is classed as roaming and being abroad.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.