Menu
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

International Data Topup Problem

It starts in UK: I text BUY 250MB but a message comes straight back "Whoops, looks like we couldnt process that, ring+447953967967 etc". It has been doing this since last year. It never works So I ring up in UK and it says "There is no reply". I try 789 in UK and get through to someone in accounts and they sort it out.

I'm currently abroad and need another topup soon. The text method doesn't work of course, so I try ringing the long number above "there is no reply", so I try 789 from abroad and get the same recording.

How am I supposed to get a data pack topup please??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: International Data Topup Problem

Hi Kolvin1,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the top up problems you are experiencing.

I've linked you to our roaming page here for reference.

If you are getting an error when trying to get a data pass added I would recommend calling us. 

If you are unable to contact us on +447953967967 you could try calling us on 00443456000 789.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but it would be good if it just worked the way it should. And you could fix the phone number you send out in the text, as it is 25p per minute eventually to hear a message saying that the service is unavailable.

Actually, when I was away, I tried the "buy 250MB" message and it worked fine when I was on a foreign network. If buying a data pass by text only works when you are actually abroad, then maybe the website could say that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kolvin1,

Thanks for your reply.

Totally appreciate the points you've made.

Just to let you know I have already flagged the number issue and have fed back the issues you have experienced when texting.

Many thanks.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still broken:

I get a text saying I am approaching my mobile credit limit when abroad, please ring 789.

Ring 789: option 3 to speak to someone:

then option 1 to talk to us about your account:

"Sorry this number is not available".

It's not very good, really. Still not fixed....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kolvin1,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble purchasing a data pass abroad.

Stephen has already pointed you to the website here. The EU data pass needs to be bought when you're connected to the network abroad. It's under the section heading "When you get there..."

Are you abroad right now?

Are you able to text the number?

Your post above suggests you were able to arrange this once you were abroad. I'll also send you a private message to discuss other options. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
kolvin1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm abroad now and I can buy a data pass by text now.

My last post was about calling the service centre, which when you press the appropriate option, gives you a "number unobtainable" message.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kolvin1,

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy

Sorry you were having difficulties getting through to us. Our 789 number wont work when your abroad which is probably why you were getting number unobtainable. As I mentioned previously in future please use +44345 6000 789 to contact us when abroad.

Hope this helps.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos