Menu
Dmitry1809
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

International Call Barring

I have a Lumia 650 and I can't make calls abroad. I have set all settings correctly on my account online. I have called virgin mobile on numerous occasions and they have checked my account and confirmed it is all set up correctly to make international calls. Yet wherever I am in the world I can't make a call. I can send a txt. My phone gets a txt saying welcome to France or the US or wherever.  I get a good signal. But am met with a message saying "the service you are attempting to use has been restricted or is unavailable."

every time I get back to the uk I call them. They say it's fixed and then I go abroad again and no calls can be made.

i am thinking of leaving virgin over this as they won't sort it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: International Call Barring

Hi Dmitry1809,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your roaming service. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

Please have a look at the following post, which contains more information about roaming: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers or via our online Help & Support page:Using your Virgin Mobile abroad FAQs.

If you are still having a problem with this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so I can look into this for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dmitry1809
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: International Call Barring

I did manage to fix it, by accident. I tried my wife's sim in my phone (which was working on her phone anyway), it worked. I tried my sim in her phone and that worked too. When I put my sim back in my phone I was able to make international calls for the first time in 18 months. 

0 Kudos