Menu
JonHeyes
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

International Call Barring

on my account I have international call barring switched on. I cannot find a way to turn it off in Manage My Account. As I am currently abroad I cannot contact Virgin Mobile to sort this out. There is no email address to write to and I am unable to man wake calls abroad. How can I get this resolved quickly?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: International Call Barring

Hi JonHeyes,

Go to "Manage my services" this is where you will find "International call barring".

Set it to OFF by moving the "switch".

Allow time for your account to update.
(Virgin advise that this may take upto 24 hours but fortunately is usually much quicker).

Then reboot your phone by turning it off & on again.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
JonHeyes
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting so a reply so quickly. However the problem is there is no switch available to turn international call barring off. This is why I want to get in touch with Virgin Mobile by an alternative method to phone as I am currently abroad. An email address to the support team would be ideal.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonHeyes,

strange.... it's there in my own account.

Are you a "new" pay monthly customer?

I only ask because I know that to have roaming active in your account. "New" Pay Monthly customers must have made three (3 months) payments.

You may be able to contact Virgin here: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
JonHeyes
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have been a customer for several years. In Manage My Accounts there is roaming data which is switched on and Parental Control which is switched on. All I want to do is to be able to make and receive calls. Thanks for your help anyway, I'll follow that link you gave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonHeyes,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you aren't able to switch off your International Call Barring feature on your phone while abroad. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you about this. I'm glad to see that AlexKid was able to give you some great advice and help on this.

I can check this further for you, but will need to take more details from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonHeyes,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile International Call Barring feature, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The toggle switch is perhaps not so obvious or intuitive as it could and should be. When you navigate to the "International call barring section" you should see a red rectangle with the word "ON" in the left hand side. To the right of "ON" and still within the red rectangle is a white space. Hover your mouse pointer over the white space and the pointer should change to indicate that you can click. Left click once and after a few seconds the rectangle should turn to grey and the word "OFF" should appear in the right side and the white space will now be on the left.

JonHeyes
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Capture1.JPG

Thanks for your post. My issue is that I do not have a toggle button for International Call Barring. For manage services all I have is in the screen shot below.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Clicking on the red rectangle box labeled "manage my services", should take you to another page with the toggle switches :-)

EDIT: sorry, just reread your post and screenshots, I can't answer why the other options are not showing :-(
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos