Menu
paulexeter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Insurance Lies

I took out my contract back in October 2014. I'm currently on the Premiere Tariff, which at the time included Insurance as part of my tariff, however now that I need to make a claim, I was told insurance was not part of my plan. When I asked for prove on my contract that insurance was not part of my contract I was told simply "no" A simple request of my contract details surely is not too much to ask, as I have no way of finding it online since the Freestyle tariff was introduced. Just another way of an excuse to dismiss a claim!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Insurance Lies

According to this page from the start of November 2014 from the Internet Archive, it says that Insurance was included for Media / cable customers who take out a Mobile Pay Monthly contract:

http://web.archive.org/web/20141111150511/http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile.html

Insurance: Mobile phone insurance is included for no extra charge for our TV, broadband and home phone customers purchasing a Pay Monthly phone. For other customers purchasing a Pay Monthly phone, insurance is available for £7.99 a month (£11.99 a month for iPhone).

As far as I remember confirmation of the inclusive Insurance would have been on the contract details you were sent when you took out your current tariff and phone as a cable customer.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paulexeter,

Thanks for updating the thread. I'm sorry we haven't been able to get to you sooner. I'm afraid Mat is no longer in the business so we've been working hard trying to clear his PM's.

I can see you've called in since your last post and have been given all the correct information on how you can proceed from here. I hope you're clear with everything that has been provided for you.

If you have any further questions then please post back and I'll try my best to answer them.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

According to this page from the start of November 2014 from the Internet Archive, it says that Insurance was included for Media / cable customers who take out a Mobile Pay Monthly contract:

http://web.archive.org/web/20141111150511/http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile.html

Insurance: Mobile phone insurance is included for no extra charge for our TV, broadband and home phone customers purchasing a Pay Monthly phone. For other customers purchasing a Pay Monthly phone, insurance is available for £7.99 a month (£11.99 a month for iPhone).

As far as I remember confirmation of the inclusive Insurance would have been on the contract details you were sent when you took out your current tariff and phone as a cable customer.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
paulexeter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's very helpful as I am a cable customer, so the insurance would have been automatically added, they gave me the £5 a month discount as a cable customer, so why they are saying I have no insurance is a mystery 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TBH the insurance that was included "for free" was worthless because of the excess payable. What sort of phone is it?

0 Kudos
paulexeter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's a 32GB iPhone 5s, according to the policy wording the excess comes down as the phone gets older.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulexeter,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your insurance. So I can look into this for you, I've sent a PM your way for more info.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paulexeter
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not getting anywhere with customer services, the information changes on whoever I speak to! They clearly don't have a clue! I may have to go down the legal route as I'm getting nowhere.
0 Kudos
paulexeter
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What's the point of asking for my account details if you're not going to bother reading it? You lot are a complete waste of time and the sooner I leave the better!!

Customer Service? What a joke!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paulexeter,

Thanks for updating the thread. I'm sorry we haven't been able to get to you sooner. I'm afraid Mat is no longer in the business so we've been working hard trying to clear his PM's.

I can see you've called in since your last post and have been given all the correct information on how you can proceed from here. I hope you're clear with everything that has been provided for you.

If you have any further questions then please post back and I'll try my best to answer them.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team