Menu
Oly
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Instore micro to nano SIM upgrade?

Can I go to a Virgin Store and get an upgrade from my current Micro SIM to a Nano SIM?

I phoned Virgin Mobile and they said that I had to do it through them and they would post it to me.

But people on here seem to be saying it can be done in store.

So, what's the truth?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Instore micro to nano SIM upgrade?

Hi Oly,

you're right, there does seem to be confusion about this Smiley Frustrated

I know that my local store are able to change your SIM because I asked.

Although it should be the same countrywide, perhaps it's one of those things that does vary between stores.

I would suggest that the best thing to do would be to give your local Virgin Media Store a call first to check.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Oly,

you're right, there does seem to be confusion about this Smiley Frustrated

I know that my local store are able to change your SIM because I asked.

Although it should be the same countrywide, perhaps it's one of those things that does vary between stores.

I would suggest that the best thing to do would be to give your local Virgin Media Store a call first to check.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Think it depends on the attitude of the store people really. I also heard it can be done instore, but my local store wasn't interested, telling me 'that we can't do that, you need to ring in to 789 to get it done)

yet a work collegue who lives in another area, went to their local VM shop, and they did it there and then, took about 10 mins or so.. Appears that some have a 'can do' attitude, whilst others have a 'can't be bothered' one. (might be to do with a commission based salary?? If you are not selling something, (and an existing sim size swap isn't a sale) then there's no incentive to do it, or spend time that you could be selling something to another customer perhaps??)

Just my observations...Smiley Indifferent 

0 Kudos
Oly
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I phoned my local store and they said they'd do it.  I went down there and even after turning down getting the phone from their on a contract they still upgraded my SIM, and they upgraded my contract to give me a bit more data for the same price.  So really very good service, especially when considering they didn't make any more money off of me.

I'm not sure if I should mention the store or not if this is the thing that they shouldn't be doing, but I'm very impressed with them.

I'm not quite so impressed with the person on the main phone line that I spoke to this morning who told me that this couldn't be done...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oly,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message Smiley Happy

It's great to see that you have been in store and they have been able to help you Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the manner of the phone call wasn't the best, the last thing we'd want is to make you feel left unhelped.

I hope we can help in the future.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos