Menu
jacquildavies
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect balances in account app

I have been using the account app on my iPhone which shows all the balances of my mobile phone usage. I have had a reading on my iPhone app showing my data balance at, say, 750mbps left to use (which equates to around 75%) and then a short while later I receive a text from Virgin saying I'm down to only 25% left to use. This has happened several times. I can guarantee that I haven't used 50% of data in that short while! 

Has anyone else had this problem? If this isn't fixed, it could prove very costly if I go over my monthly usage. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incorrect balances in account app

I haven't personally experienced anything like that, could be a bug...I'd keep a close eye on data usage on the phone itself to try and figure out what's going on.
Make sure updates are set to download over wifi only, wifi assist is disabled and also watch data usage by apps in your phone settings.
Also note that the allowance information in My Account lags behind reality by a short while.

Some information from Apple - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201299
0 Kudos

All Replies
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I haven't personally experienced anything like that, could be a bug...I'd keep a close eye on data usage on the phone itself to try and figure out what's going on.
Make sure updates are set to download over wifi only, wifi assist is disabled and also watch data usage by apps in your phone settings.
Also note that the allowance information in My Account lags behind reality by a short while.

Some information from Apple - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201299
0 Kudos
jacquildavies
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice Magic_M 😃

0 Kudos