Menu
PaulC2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In USA can't get mobile service

I have arrived in USA. But cannot get a mobile signal at all. Tried switching off and on again. Checked all mobile settings. Data roaming is set to on. This happens every time I come on holiday! Can anyone help?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: In USA can't get mobile service

Hi PaulC2,

it is an EU Travel Pass which can be purchased for mobile web abroad (obviously for use within the European Union).

When you say "you were sold". If in your phone call to the Virgin team you made it clear that you were in the USA & the Virgin representative suggested the Travel Pass. Then in this instance you were mis-sold.

If this was the case then I would suggest that once at home, you make another call to Virgin customer services & put this to them.

You might at least get the cost of your EU Travel Pass refunded.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulC2,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with roaming in the USA. I want to get this all sorted for you.

Do you have access to your online account here? If you can log in, you can make sure roaming is enabled under the Plans and Device Settings?

If you're unable to log in, give us a call on +447953967967 from any other phone and we'll look into this for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulc2,

How are you getting on with this currently?

Please let me know if you need anything at all from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PaulC2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat

I had my account settings configured to allow data roaming, but had to ring Virgin to get it activated

I was sold a data package to give me cheaper roaming, but burned through £32 in 6 minutes - apparently the data packs only work in Europe so users should beware, and look to access local wifi and disable their roaming options

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PaulC2,

it is an EU Travel Pass which can be purchased for mobile web abroad (obviously for use within the European Union).

When you say "you were sold". If in your phone call to the Virgin team you made it clear that you were in the USA & the Virgin representative suggested the Travel Pass. Then in this instance you were mis-sold.

If this was the case then I would suggest that once at home, you make another call to Virgin customer services & put this to them.

You might at least get the cost of your EU Travel Pass refunded.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.