Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Improved Insurance

Just this very minute got a text from Virgin Media to inform me they have improved my mobile insurance.........................that is nice of them.

The first line says........"From the 1 August 2015, your mobile phone insurance will cover you for more....."

So......why are they telling me now ?

And in the mean time why didn't they make a mobile version of that web page ? Here it is Web Page

Impossible to read on a mobile, what ever way I try to read it.

I reckon they should write 50 time "We must try harder"

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Improved Insurance

Worse still - they are sending the text out to people who don't even have insurance.

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Funny you should say that, I never knew I did, thought it might have been part of the package.
0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bruv wrote:
Funny you should say that, I never knew I did, thought it might have been part of the package.

Not sure when you took out your contract, but I know when I took mine out 2 years ago in October, the insurance was included as an extra in the tariff price. Thought it sounded good until I considered making a claim for a cracked screen, only to find the excess payment was insane!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, the insurance setup was changed in November to be much more reasonable (but it's still not particularly competitive). It's no longer included as a freebie - the premium is an even number between £2 and £8 depending on the value of the handset, and the excess is ten times the monthly premium.

0 Kudos
grahamking
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, ok that's not so bad. For years they charged me about £8 which I paid for a long time but cancelled eventually. I realised/accepted (quite late) that years of payments without a claim probably dwarfed the cost of just buying a reasonablely priced replacement outright - especially in the post Moto G mobile world!

0 Kudos