Menu
lotharmat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Impressed with 4g

Well... I must say - credit where credit is due.. I phoned VM today to enquire about the delivery of my new 4g SIM card and was told it would be with me at 1200 hrs at the latest.. It arrived at 1153 hrs..

Texted blah blah blah etc. to 789678 and got confirmation that request for activation had been received.. 

Waited about a minute before switching off phone, removing old sim, inserting new sim..

Phone restarted with a lovely 4g+ icon in the top bar.

Speedtest.net confirmed 25Mb/s DL - I'm impressed!!

jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impressed with 4g

So your Sim arrived at the exact same time your account refreshed because that would be midnight and if it was 1 day into the refresh you would remain on 3G till next month.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have 4G but I've never seen 4G+

Any reason for this?
0 Kudos
lotharmat
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@jhuk - Hiya,

My contract rolled over the day before but when the SIM was activated it automatically seemed to pick up the 4g.

I just upgraded my wife's SIM only to 4g today - mid month - in store.. She rebooted her phone and voila - 4g!

0 Kudos
lotharmat
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@paperclip - I've seen both on my S5 neo.. 4g and 4g+

Status page in settings shows LTE. Go figure!

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stanger as officially you need wait till refresh to get on 4G and I had to do that due to boob with online order so missed the deadline.

I am now on 4G (took about 1/2 day into new refresh month but still on my rolled over DATA).

I have not seen 4G+ so far but Virgin is using a the slowest version of 4G so do not see why that would show.

large.jpg

0 Kudos