Menu
Commus
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Imap Settings for an ee Rook mobile please

I have been receiving emails on this mobile using the Imap Settings from my computer. from Last night my emails stopped and checking my settings I found that the incoming server settings are now not recognised:

imap.virginmedia.com   port 993

Have entered and re-entered my password which is still valid on web access.  Are the imap settings still correct for the ee Rook mobile or will these need to be changed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Imap Settings for an ee Rook mobile please

Hi Commus, 

Welcome to the forums, sorry you have been having trouble with your emails. 

So we can get things sorted for you please do the following:

Please advise if you are having trouble with webmail or is it just the client mail? 

Please make sure your settings match the ones found here

Please be aware that there has been an email fault recently ref F004027822 the engineers are still working on this so you may notice that there are times when you are having some difficulty with your emails. Apologies for this we will get this resolved as soon as we can. 

Let me know how you get on. 

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Commus
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your response.

I have never had problems logging into Webmail. It is just the client mail service.  My Settings are those that you have recommended and therefore I think that I have fallen into the group having trouble as a result of the server fault which has now been rectified.

Nevertheless, I decided to wait a few days before responding and that was justified as, a day after the IMAP problem was reported to be resolved, I again had problems logging in.  This now appears to have resolved itself.

Incidentally, I now do not now appear to receive flags on my P.C.(s) that the Server connection has dropped due to lack of use, memory etc  when I am still using the e-mail system.  This flag and Server Drop-outs have plagued my Windows Live Mail and Windows 10 Mail email connection to you since I started to use Virginmedia some years ago. 

Unfortunately, I now use Windows 10 and, in the last few days, have stopped using Edge and Mail under that system due to their inadequate functions. I have now downloaded Thunderbird and have reverted to Internet Explorer 11.   As a result, I cannot really tell if the cessation of the Server Drop-Out notifications is due to the corrections you have made to the IMAP server or the change I have made from Microsoft Windows Live Mail and Windows Mail to Thunderbird.

Best regards,

Commus

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Commus,

Thanks for your response.

Glad to hear this seems to be sorted for you now.

It looks like your issues were mainly tied to the IMAP performance issues we've been experiencing. If you notice any further problems as there still remains a bit of uncertainty for you please come back to us.

Take care.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos