Menu
MartinLynagh48
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Im in the usa and cant use my phone

I came to the usa on Monday, I tried to change my roaming before I left but virgin were having system problems.,  Now my password doesn't work and I cant reset it as my phone doesn't work and virgin wont reply to the talk to us on line box as I always get a we are busy message.  Can anyone help??

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Im in the usa and cant use my phone

Try web chat, that's seems to be your only option
MartinLynagh48
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have tried on and off for 3 days to do web chat, always get a no one is available answer, no one in virgin can be bothered speaking to me,  I'll be dumping them when I get home.  Thanks tho

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinLynagh48,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your mobile service isn't working in the USA. 

I'll need to take more details from you in order to look into this for you, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
MartinLynagh48
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No mobile service for 2 weeks

Well today I fly home from the USA, Virgin haven't managed to get my roaming turned on so I'll have lots of messages and texts. I'll be calling for a pac code on Monday as I'm fed up with the poor service........
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No mobile service for 2 weeks

Hi MartinLynagh48,

Roaming has been enabled and activated for your mobile since I reset this for you on the main server. I'm sorry that you were unable to access a signal on your handset while you were abroad in the USA.

Please give our team a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) to discuss this further.

I apologise for the inconvenience this caused. 

Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
MartinLynagh48
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Terri

Apparently I needed settings sent to my phone, but because it didn't work you couldn't send me my settings

And you call yourselves a telecommunications company!!

Not happy, I am going to go somewhere that cares about their customers
0 Kudos
dodge61
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've had this happen to me on 5 occasions across 4 different phones.

Twice in the USA, twice in Antigua, and once in St. Lucia.

Each time I've phoned VM to ensure the phone is activated for overseas use, giving a minimum 2 days notice, but each time I arrive at my destination, and no service.

It cost £54 on my wife's mobile to get in touch with someone at VM to get this corrected this time. Sure, we got the cost back, but the stress in sorting it is ridiculous.

To add insult to injury, this year, when I rang to activate roaming on what was a last minute replacement phone following a tech fault, I got through to an overseas call centre, and was answered in fluent unknown language. When I protested that I was a UK customer calling a UK helpline number, the agent merely laughed.

I got a fair bit of compensation on my return, but it took weeks to sort.

Poor, poor service. I've paid up the remainder of the phone purchase early, and will be switching to another provider imminently. One that provides 4g service and has a full choice of handset makes, and isn't slave to Apple or Samsung.

0 Kudos
MartinLynagh48
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Exactly why I'm going to leave them

They don't realise the stress and hassle that they cause. Apparently they had system issues the day I called.......

They still haven't answered my email from two weeks ago!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinLynagh48,

Apologies again for the problems you have had with your mobile not accessing service while you were abroad.

What email address did you use to contact us?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos