Menu
SpudCox
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Im in Spain and cant get any service on my iphone. Can anyone help please? Thanks

So annoying.  Am in Spain and didnt get an automatic message to welcome me to another network.  Tried selecting a network manually but still no good.  Does Virgin deactivate european cover for any reason?  If so, how do I contact virgin when I cant make calls!!!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Im in Spain and cant get any service on my iphone. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Hey Spudcox

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing at the moment.

On our network, roaming is enabled automatically on Pay as you Go but if you're a Pay Monthly customer you'll find it's turned off by default. 

You can find more information about this as well as the phone numbers to be able to contact the team on the sticky [here].

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
susanwade
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Im in Spain and cant get any service on my iphone. Can anyone help please? Thanks

I have recently changed from a Virgin PAYG phone to a monthly payment. I guess that Virgin has automatically switched off roaming. Smiley Sad I can't get through to the Team by phone (busy) or online (Virgin website problems with security question). How can I get roaming turned on?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi susanwade,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've got no mobile network abroad.

You can now enable roaming via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

You can also check costs of calls, texts and reception here. I'll also send you a private message with further hints and tips. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
susanwade
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to create an online account because of the web site's glitch re a security question. I do not have an online account so far.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi susanwade,

Thanks for keeping me update. I'm sorry to hear both avenues have failed.

I highly recommend giving the team a call once again. Either on 789 or 0345 6000 789 if you're in the UK. If you're abroad you can contact them on +447953967967.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Menergy2015
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am in Spain and on monthly contract and I can not use my phone either.Virgin  have taken money off me for a travel data package that I can not use.Cannot call Virgin as I can not use my phone.started a posting on here yesterday but nobody from virgin  has replied.very annoyed customer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Menergy2015,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with roaming abroad.

I have posted a reply here for you as you seem to have posted on several threads.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
susanwade
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No success there, RichB. At first the call to the Virgin Help Team number that you gave resulted in a redirection that basically said 'go away and try later'. Now the line simply goes dead after a few seconds. Of course, as the mobile service isn't working, I can't use 789. Nor can I register for an online account because the Virgin web page asks for an answer to a security question that isn't visible. Oh, of course, Virgin appear to be aware of this problem but haven't fixed it yet. What has happened to Virgin? Ive been with the company since mobiles were the size of bricks, and it never used to be this bad.

0 Kudos