Menu
jagsman411971
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Identifying multiple sim cards

I have just upgraded my families 5 sim only accounts to the new 4g, so Virgin have sent me out 5 new sim cards. My question is, are all the sim cards tied to a specific number/account, or can I use any sim for any account? The reason I ask, is that all 5 sims are identical, there is no information on any of the paperwork telling me which account the sim card is for. So I have 5 sims for 5 accounts, with no idea how to match up a sim card to an account.

0 Kudos
RichardJH
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Identifying multiple sim cards

De Ja Vu what a faff I had this morning after my 2 came same thing. I was lucky in that after 45 minutes on the phone which included about 30 minutes of that spent "in translation" the girl on the phone managed to tell me what phone number one of the sims was associated with by looking up the number on the back of the actual sim. She asked if I wanted her to look up the other one but as I guess it is for my other phone and I really didn't have another half hour to waste. Feel sorry for you with 5 to sort out.

BTW after that fiasco put sim card in. Activated on-line and guess what 5 hours later still not connected and on line. Not impressed when told it may take up to 24 hours. I wonder what time the Indian call centre goes to bed. May phone again.

0 Kudos
jagsman411971
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I managed to sort it out myself. I just activated one of the sims online, then tried each of the sims in the phone associated with the activated sim until I found the correct one. When I found the correct sim, I just activated the next one and went through the same process. Amazingly all of the sims were up and running within 5 minutes of activation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jagsman411971,

Thanks for dropping by and sorry to hear of the issues with your new SIM cards.

Unfortunately we do not print telephone numbers on replacement SIM cards so I can see why it leads to confusion.

I am glad to see you are up and running and should you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks

Liam_T

Forum Team

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos