Menu
reck
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

IPhone VM wifi app - Lost in the clouds

9 times out of 10 when my phone automatically connects to the _Cloud X wifi network it stops me from web browsing. I just get a sky branded page come up with the following message - "That one appears to have been lost in the clouds. Please try again or email support"

This is on an iPhone and iPad across multiple different hotspots in different locations. Occasionally it connects and actually works but not often. I've deleted the VM wifi app and profile and but it's made no difference. How can I get this working? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone VM wifi app - Lost in the clouds

Hi there

Sorry to hear you're having some issues connecting to 'The Could' WiFi.

There could be an issue with the configuration of the WiFi app causing this.

Are you a Virgin Mobile and/or Virgin Media customer at the moment?

You've advised you've removed the WiFi app, have you removed the configuration profile that should have set up as part of the installation process? Did the profile actually install in the first place?

Once all this has been removed, does reinstalling the app and rebooting the handset resolve the issue?

You can also take a look at 'The Cloud' website here for further assistance connecting specifically to these hotspots.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
reck
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm a Virgin Media customer. 

Ive removed and installed both the app and profile 3 times. Each time the profile goes on fine and when I remove the app I've also removed the profile. 

This has been a problem for many months so the handset has been rebooted many times. 

Ive looked on the cloud support webpage that you linked to but that just explains how to connect to the cloud and doesn't discuss this issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me on this reck.

Out of interest, if you remove the app and the profile, does the handset still try to connect to this network?

Does it show in the list of available WiFi connections?

If you 'forgot this network' and connect manually with no WiFi app installed, do you get the same error, a different error, or are you able to connect to this network okay?

I'm just a little confused about the 'Sky Branded' page you refer to, unless it's just because they're hosting this particular hotspot.

Are you able to attach screenshots (just make sure they don't include any account details or personally identifiable information)?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
reck
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost in the CloudsLost in the CloudsThis is what I see when my phone connects to the _The Cloud X network. In this location there's also a network called _The Cloud (without the X at the end).

Am I correct in that the vm wifi app should connect to the Cloud X network automatically when in range? That seems to have been experience so far. If not what's the name of the wifi network that the VM wifi app is using?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks reck

From what you've explained, this does look like there could be an issue with the authentication on these particular Hotspots our WiFi app team need to investigate.

In order that they can look into this closer for you, please log a call via the app itself.

Just tap the menu button (top left) and then click 'Help' followed by 'Contact Us'.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos