Menu
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

INFORMATION. Now you must wait until you are abroad BEFORE you buy Travel Pass

I used to buy travel pass BEFORE leaving the UK ( coz they last 30 days anyway ).

The old "text BUY 250MB" method comes back with an error so upon contacting VM , I was informed that now, it only works once you are IN that foreign country and you can no longer buy BEFOER you go. !

Very annoying and a step backwards , maybe..... but I think you all need to be aware.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: INFORMATION. Now you must wait until you are abroad BEFORE you buy Travel Pass

Hi dmx555,

it is not possible to use mobile data abroad within the EU without first purchasing a data travel pass.

If traveling abroad outside the EU it makes sense to turn off mobile data/data roaming to avoid unexpected costs.

That is why "Data Roaming" is turned off by default in the accounts of Virgin Mobile pay monthly customers.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: INFORMATION. Now you must wait until you are abroad BEFORE you buy Travel Pass

Hi dmx555,

when was it possible to purchase a data travel pass by text whilst in the UK?

0 Kudos
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

By text ? Probably over 2 years ago. But within he last 12 months I was able to buy one before leaving UK by calling 789 and speaking to.someone.
When I tried the latter option ,it no longer works. Obviously now people will get charged unless they remember to turn off their mobile data.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You will not be charged for data if you do not have a pass - it simply does not work

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dmx555,

it is not possible to use mobile data abroad within the EU without first purchasing a data travel pass.

If traveling abroad outside the EU it makes sense to turn off mobile data/data roaming to avoid unexpected costs.

That is why "Data Roaming" is turned off by default in the accounts of Virgin Mobile pay monthly customers.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.