Menu
Tony4732
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

INFO: Roaming problems - no network service - manual network selection required

My wife and I recently went to Spain for a few days. Roaming was enabled for both of our phones.

For the first couple of days, our phones worked fine, but then both lost all service (nothing showing on signal strength, "emergency calls only"). This persisted for over 24 hours despite repeated phone reboots and despite being in areas where we had had good signal strength previously.

In desperation, I tried the manual network selection. The phone listed half a dozen networks, all showing as "unavailable". I chose one and the phone popped up a message that it could not be used, but I could try and connect anyway. I did try, and it did work - full service restored. I put the network selection back to automatic and after that, I had no more problems.

I've posted this in case it may help anyone else who finds themselves in the same situation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: INFO: Roaming problems - no network service - manual network selection required

Hi Tony4732,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you lost connection while roaming. It sounds very odd that both of the phones will lose connection at the same time.

Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll make sure that everyone is sorted.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos