Menu
boxcar_reynolds
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

IMO Q

Hi people just bought this phone can anyone explain how to add my own ringtones and message alerts to this phone as the manual that came with the phone only explains the phone but not how to do anything else I have tried to take the ringtones from another android phone I have and they are showing in the sounds file but are greyed out and I cannot do anything with them

will be grateful for any help so thanx in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: IMO Q

Hi boxcar_reynolds,

I'm afraid that I don't have any specific knowledge of this particular phone.

However there are numerous (free to download) apps available that allow you to choose and set ringtones.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi boxcar_reynolds,

I'm afraid that I don't have any specific knowledge of this particular phone.

However there are numerous (free to download) apps available that allow you to choose and set ringtones.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi boxcar_reynolds

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having a few issues setting up a new ringtone.

This particular handset runs the Android operating system and the interface is very similar across different devices by different manufacturers.

This is why the user guides manufacturers produce can be quite basic - this doesn't help if it's the first time you've use an Android phone though I admit!

If you take a look at the 'Settings' app, you'll find most of the options you need there.

Regarding how you're alerted about messages, calls etc, take a look at the 'Notifications' and 'Sounds and vibration' options under the Settings menu which will help you configure this.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos