Menu
StuartR1953
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't made aware there's no 4G on Virgin

As a fairly satisfied long term customer of virgin for home phone and broadband services,  I decided to give them a go when it came to mobile upgrade time. I'd had good service from 3 but virgin were offering a better deal on the phone I wanted, the LG G4. 

On the 3 network I had 4G and it just never occurred to me that I wouldn't get it on virgin as they used the EE network. I'm 100% sure the salesperson didn't tell me so I'm guessing it was in the small print of one of the emails? If I'd been told there was no 4G I'd probably have stayed with 3.

Before I make an official complaint I wondered if this failure to mention the lack of 4G services was the norm? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I wasn't made aware there's no 4G on Virgin

They don't mention 4G unless asked, and even then the sales people say "it's coming soon".

That was 2½ years ago.

0 Kudos
conradbraam
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

True, this is something you do have to ask. I would say just go to EE, because they are the underlying carrier, but I left EE because they are .... well because of who they are I'm now on Virgin,and happy here. (Besides the nearest 4G mast currently is about 6 miles away from me at all times.)

I do believe that business contracts on Virgin is the way to get 4G, since Q3 last year already.

0 Kudos
TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've just left EE customer service is pants
Yeah Mr White.... Science
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

They don't mention 4G unless asked, and even then the sales people say "it's coming soon".

That was 2½ years ago.

Think VM must be the only operator now NOT offering 4G....

Mind you, they are having problems providing 3G to most areas from the posts on here!!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looking at this in another way, how many services/goods are advertised/sold with a list of what they do not have or include?

I would put this down to the OP not doing his research/homework before purchase.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:

I would put this down to the OP not doing his research/homework before purchase.

Agreed. When you consider that it's well established that you should check coverage before joining a mobile phone company, and you get 14 days cancellation (in case the service isn't adequate in the locations it's needed), I don't think the OP will get too far arguing that they assumed 4G was standard - especially since 4G hasn't been rolled out countrywide for even the biggest network operators.

0 Kudos