Menu
pnb47
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I want to download Mobile Rescue app for insurance purposes. Method in booklet did not work.

Booklet with replacement handset said I must download Mobile Rescue app for insurance purposes. I tried the suggestion in the booklet, i.e. go to: m.virginmobilerescue.com, but all I can find there is ads & irrelevant stuff.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I want to download Mobile Rescue app for insurance purposes. Method in booklet did not work.

The booklet is out-of-date. You no longer need Mobile Rescue to be installed for Virgin insurance.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I want to download Mobile Rescue app for insurance purposes. Method in booklet did not work.

This is on the page for the Virgin Mobile Insurance:

http://www.newasurion.com/virgin

Mobile Rescue… it’s gone!

We recently let you know that we would be removing our Mobile Rescue app on 1st October. The app doesn’t work any more, so we’d recommend you delete it from your phone. If you have locked your phone unintentionally, please call us on 0345 030 3291 and we’ll help you get it sorted.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The booklet is out-of-date. You no longer need Mobile Rescue to be installed for Virgin insurance.

pnb47
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thank you for advice Gorf. Not entirely sure what your descriptor of 'superuser' denotes, but am I ok to assume what you stated about insurance is on good authority from VirginMobile?

Kind regards

Phil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is on the page for the Virgin Mobile Insurance:

http://www.newasurion.com/virgin

Mobile Rescue… it’s gone!

We recently let you know that we would be removing our Mobile Rescue app on 1st October. The app doesn’t work any more, so we’d recommend you delete it from your phone. If you have locked your phone unintentionally, please call us on 0345 030 3291 and we’ll help you get it sorted.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
pnb47
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your confirmation BenMcr, it has given me peace of mind.  Also nice to see the Starfleet Command badge, as I am a retired Admiral of the Fleet myself!

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos